• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

[Sold] We Knife Co - Dress Prototype Blade 2018 (1 of 2)-Vegas Forge Damascus and Mokuti/Timascus

I'm looking to sell my WE Knife Co Un-Named Dress Prototype from Bladeshow 2018. It’s an absolutely gorgeous knife and I would love to keep it, but unfortunately it was a bit of an impulse buy and I overspent, so I can’t really afford to keep it around.

The knife is prototype of an upcoming knife model, but it was done in a special one-time dress configuration specifically for the show, of which only two were made. The actual release model if it/when comes out, I believe will feature CF inlays, instead of the Mokuti/Timascus and will have a regular RWL-34 or M390 blade, instead of the damascus.

The two dress knives that were made both feature:
  • Vegas Forge herringbone stainless damascus for the blade steel
  • Mokuti/Timascus inlays with a geometric pattern (the inlays are present on both sides of the knife and act as an over-travel stop on the lock side)
  • Mokuti/Timascus thumb stud
  • Flipper tab
  • Milled titanium pocket clip
  • Steel lockbar insert
The two knives also do differ in frame finish, the other of the two is owned by Adam Purvis (@apurvisblades on instagram), he’s a knife maker, designer & customizer/modifier. Here are some links to his: https://www.instagram.com/p/BjgInP_Atz-/?hl=en&taken-by=apurvisblades& https://www.instagram.com/p/BjxGW0CAgN2/?hl=en&taken-by=apurvisblades. Adam’s has a grey stonewashed frame, where as this one has a dark grey/bronze polished frame. The finish looks most similar to me, to that of on the WE Chimera model.

IMG_0576.JPG

I bought the knife on the secondary market a little while back. All I’ve done since receiving it is, flip it a few times and cut one piece of printer paper, haven’t carried it or really used it at all (unless you count the one test cut). The edge is still very sharp from the factory.

Image and Video Gallery

Looking to sell it for $sold with PayPal G&S fees and Shipping included in that price. Just looking to break even with what I paid for it, don't know what they sold for at Blade, since I bought it on the secondary.

I mean I probably shouldn't trade, could use the cash, but if anyone has any Robert Carter or Robert Carter & NCC Collab knives, they would be willing to part with I would definitely be interested in sorting something out. Thinking mainly a BBM or C-Tech, or even a F-16 or P-40. I mean a BBM is definitely the top of my list, but the other models, I would definitely be looking for one with the scoop/thumb choil in the top of the blade.

IMG_0546.JPG

Specs (as measured by me, as none are available from WE, so may not be exact):
  • Blade Length: 3.5” (90mm)
  • Handle Length: 5” (125mm)
  • Overall Length: 8.5” (215mm)
  • Blade Thickness: .125” (3.175mm)
  • Handle thickness: 1/2” (12.4mm)
  • Weight: 5.5 Oz (156g)

Description
The knife does have a fairly strong detent, but this allows for it to really fire out quickly and with authority.

The fact that the inlays are on both the lock and presentation side is also quite unique. On the lockside, one of them acts as an over-travel stop for the lockbar. The lockbar is a little bit stiff, but it seems to be loosening up/breaking in, even in the short period I’ve had it, so it should break in nicely.

The thumb stud is also quite interesting it’s shaped and milled so that it kind of guides your finger into the correct alignment to flick the blade out. I’m not normally a thumb stud person myself, but I was able to get it to deploy without issue, although I would say it requires a little bit of trial and error to get the technique. Once you’ve got it though, it’s very comfortable to use, as there are no sharp/rough edges, unlike the majority of thumb studs in my opinion. It relies on the shape of the stud to catch the finger and push the blade out, rather than aggressive gimping as many other thumb studs use.

The frame finish is actually one of my favourite things about the knife, I’ve never seen titanium finished in the way it has been done here before, really have no idea how it was done. The polished nature almost reminds me of Zirc, but the edges/corners of the frame are lighter than the flats, and allow more bronze to gleam through. The edges are also milled/textured in some places.

IMG_0555.JPG

Condition:
The knife was handled at blade show, so obviously it does have a bit of wear (all of which was present before I received the knife), but it is a one off, or if you discount the frame differences, a 1 of 2.
  • a couple of very faint, very shallow scratches on the blade on one side
  • a couple of very faint, very shallow scratches on the mokuti/timascus inlays
  • In both cases:
    • They can only be seen in certain lighting
    • I think they could be easily buffed out or addressed with a scratch remover if desired. Could probably do it yourself if you have a little bit of experience, or if not you could just send the knife in to WE or any knife modifier/customizer/spa.

Thanks very much for taking a look! Please feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions or anything or are interested in purchasing it

Last edited:
Back