• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did look at your previous sales posts, especially the one where you stated you didn’t want to do PP G&S anymore. That’s why I guessed this was likely legitimate. I find it interesting that this hacker seemed to know enough about knives to pick a model that is highly sought after, find pictures of it, and know what price to set it at to make it attractive. All by 8:30 am. Quite impressive.

I'm sorry doesn't cut it. Especially when like someone said earlier, seasoned sellers are asking for FF payments. Change the damn rules to G&S only.

I did look at your previous sales posts, especially the one where you stated you didn’t want to do PP G&S anymore. That’s why I guessed this was likely legitimate. I find it interesting that this hacker seemed to know enough about knives to pick a model that is highly sought after, find pictures of it, and know what price to set it at to make it attractive. All by 8:30 am. Quite impressive.

I feel like this needs some more context.
If you looked at my previous sales posts, it didn't strike you as strange that I went into all this detail before even getting to specific knife descriptions but offered only one line of text in the current post?
Also, in the previous sales posts I stated that I'd like to avoid PayPal, not just PayPal G&S.

1) Here is the typical boilerplate information I put on my sales posts and have been for over a year. I copied it from this sales post: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/emerson-steak-knife-spyderco-swayback-urban-ukpk.1796694/

Please Note: If you ask a question and don’t receive an answer, read this post again. Your answer lies within.

Sales Information:
  • US sales only
  • Prices all inclusive
  • I would like to avoid using PayPal. Hopefully folks can use Zelle. Open to other options via PM.
    • I know this is a pain but the reason for this is that PayPal hit me with a 1099K for 2020. I need to figure out how to work with that before I start using PayPal again.
    • I believe that most folks will have Zelle through their banking application or website. I've used it quite a bit so far.
  • Reasonable offers will be considered
  • No trades
Descriptions:
  • Please see the videos or photos for detailed descriptions
  • Times at which each knife appears are indicated in ()
Item status:
  • Red is sold
  • Green is sold pending funds (SPF)
  • Black/white is available
  • Items that appear in photos/videos but not listed are either sold or not yet available. Please don’t bother asking about them. The exception might be on BladeForums where they might appear in a different section. You can check the links in my signature block.

2) While the information in this fraudulent post was deleted by the scammer, here is information from another post they made just before this one. By the way, rapid fire posts are another potential sign of a scam.

"Some staining on blade, shown in pictures. $OLD shipped PP F&F or Zelle. not trades at this time. Thanks."

Stop putting this garbage on other people. The fact of the matter is the listing came from your account. We should have not known anything except that a seller account with a high feedback posted some knives for sale.

NOW you've taken security measures after a handful of people got screwed. The security measures should have been in place to begin with

NOW you've taken security measures after a handful of people got screwed. The security measures should have been in place to begin with
Woah! First. NO ONE should need any security measures at all, except there are scammers and thieves out there which makes it necessary.

You made the decision to send F&F. This is NOT photoman12001 photoman12001 or BF’s fault.

Again putting any responsibility off on us. Everyone keeps pointing to the thread 2FA should have been turned on. This wasn't from a fake account it was from a seasoned forum members account. How about you read the rest of the damn post and then comment

And we are the ones that lost money. He gets to say a few I'm sorries and then say he's taken additional security measures and we should have known it was not him posting from HIS account. He is the one that was trying to get away from getting payment via PP G&S in the past so like I said how about you read everything before saying something

And we are the ones that lost money. He gets to say a few I'm sorries and then say he's taken additional security measures and we should have known it was not him posting from HIS account. He is the one that was trying to get away from getting payment via PP G&S in the past so like I said how about you read everything before saying something
I did read everything.

Who made the decision to pay with F&F?
All responsibility is on YOU.

I’m genuinely sorry that this happened to you and the other member.

Just because someone says that they are wanting to get away from PP, does not mean that you have to agree to that.

There are scammers everywhere these day. It’s super annoying that they are targeting BF right now.

I do commend the mods for being quickly on the ball to point out that his account was hacked.

The mods only reported it because a forum member told them
If I was both of you gents, I would report the transaction to PP and hopefully they can/will reverse the payment.
Best bet. And I wish you both the best of luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back