• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Some Nice Bucks (Benefitting the Pups) (Reductions!) ALL SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFAustin

Gold Member
This sale is part of my 9th Annual "Going to the Dogs" Sale, which is happening in the Traditionals Sales subforum. This is an annual event I enjoy doing, with 100% of the proceeds going to worthy organizations which help dogs. All the background is here in Part 1:

AFAustin’s 9th Annual “Going to the Dogs” Sale (Part 1) | BladeForums.com

I’ve also now put up Part 2:

AFAustin's 9th Annual "Going to the Dogs" Sale (Part 2) | BladeForums.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7/2/21 Update: Part 3 of this sale is now open here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustins-9th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-3.1797590/

7/6/21 Update: I've just listed a couple of nice Spydercos over in the Folding Knives (moderns) subforum: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/spyderco-endura-saber-chaparral-lw-benefitting-the-pups.1798160/

7/11/21 Update: Part 4 of this sale is now open here:
7/17/21 Update: Part 5 of this sale is now open here:
7/21/21 Update: I listed a few more nice Bucks here in the Bucks Sale subforum: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/more-nice-bucks-benefitting-the-pups.1800707/#post-20630562

7/25/21 Update: Part 6 of this sale is now open here:
7/29/21 Update: I listed 2 groups of flashlights in the Gadgets & Gear Sale subforum: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...ting-the-pups-all-sold.1802017/#post-20644498

8/1/21 Update: Part 7 of this sale is now open here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...o-the-dogs-sale-part-7.1802579/#post-20650980

8/7/21 Update: Part 8 of this sale is now open here:
8/25/21 Update: It's a wrap! This sale is now officially over and the donations have been made. Part 9 has all the details here: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Details:

Price includes shipping, USPS 1st Class, w/ tracking. PayPal only. I'll cover the PayPal fees, so please list it as a sale of goods, not a gift.

1st unconditional "I'll take it", followed up with prompt payment. I think my PM/Conversations box might fill up pretty quickly, so please e-mail me for payment info. at: aforsythe4 [at] austin [dot] rr [dot] com

Once we have a deal, please post an "I’ll take it" in this sales thread, since that’s required for us both to leave feedback, which I think is important.

By buying these knives you are stating that you are at least 18 years of age, and otherwise in compliance with all applicable laws regarding them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

International Sales Policies:

I like the international character of BF and so I’m usually willing to jump through the extra hoops to do international sales. But as this sale has grown in size and become a good deal more work, I’ve got to place some limits. So, apologies, but it’s U.S.A. only for this sale.

Thanks for helping the pups!

Andrew

This first knife is special in that it, along with several other nice knives which I’ll be listing in the Traditionals Sales subforum, is a donation from a great guy and friend of mine in North Carolina. He was one of the earliest supporters of this sale and has continued his good deeds through the present. He’s a long time knife man and proud owner of a handsome rescue dog. He has asked to remain anonymous.

1) Buck 309 Companion in Yellow Synthetic. 3” closed. Appears new & unused with factory edge. From the symbol on the tang, looks like 2010 model. Box says “Factory Blem”. There’s a tiny and shallow dent in the pile side cover (which is easy to miss), but other than that I’m not seeing any blemishes. Made in U.S.A.

I believe these are discontinued, and the yellow ones seem pretty scarce.

Includes box & paperwork. $45.00 SOLD

mweHhr5l.jpg

A3fWzuNl.jpg

DfxqiBQl.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next knife was donated by a great supporter (and customer!) of this sale who has also generously contributed other nice folders for the main part of the sale over in the Traditionals Sales subforum. He is from the great state of Illinois and has asked to remain anonymous.

2) Buck 301 Stockman in Black Sawcut Delrin. My generous donor says 1974-1985 vintage and a Camillus contract made knife. Made in U.S.A. 3 7/8” closed. Long pull on the master clip. Appears unused and unsharpened. A nice hefty stockman.

Includes a generic box. $40.00 SOLD

OAER8eal.jpg

Ea8ECkul.jpg

Ev5UJ7Jl.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This beautiful fixed blade was donated by a long time, loyal, and very strong supporter of the sale who has likewise contributed several other nice folders for the main sale over in the Traditionals Sales subforum. I know him to be a 1st class knife man as well as a 1st class dog man. He resides in the great state of Arizona and has asked to remain anonymous.

3) Buck 119 Special Hunting Knife with Black Phenolic Handle. 420HC steel. A substantial knife with 6” blade length, 10 1/2” overall length, and 7.7 oz. wt. Excellent even factory grinds and apexed edge. Appears new & unused. Made in U.S.A.

Includes very nice black leather sheath. $60.00 $54.00 SOLD

p1wNsP2l.jpg

1116lS9l.jpg

fZgQjbel.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
― Will Rogers

Last edited:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4) Buck # 303+ RWS Cadet in Rosewood Dymondwood. 420HC stainless blades. 3 1/4" closed. Made in U.S.A. New and unused.

I don’t have much knowledge or experience with Bucks, but gotta say I
like the 3 springs and the way they arrange the blades so that no
crinking is necessary and the sheepie rides low.

No box. $38.00 $34.00 SOLD

7fIBO0Cl.jpg

CaEkgcrl.jpg

2GGTuwgl.jpg

5) Buck 110 Folding Hunter LT. 420HC stainless blade. Sharpened to a nice edge and I also ground off the annoying little nub which sticks out on the spring where it meets the tang. If you press the blade down with force on a cutting board or other surface, there’s a small amount of give/play, as is common with this model from what I’ve read. Used almost none.

Includes sheath (heavy duty polyester) and box. $23.00 SOLD

1oxvWhWl.jpg

bbDI590l.jpg

zxkVi5Rl.jpg

6) Buck 112 Ranger LT. 420 HC stainless blade. Sharpened to a nice edge and I also ground off the annoying little nub which sticks out on the spring where it meets the tang. If you press the blade down with force on a cutting board or other surface, there’s a small amount of give/play, as is common with this model from what I’ve read. Used very little.

Includes sheath (heavy duty polyester) and box. $22.00 SOLD

L7J4ePwl.jpg

cbiQCN5l.jpg

VBJFcNnl.jpg

Last edited:
2) Buck 301 Stockman in Black Sawcut Delrin is SPF to matthewtstock.

Matthew, email received and replied with PP info.

Thanks,

Andrew

1) Buck 309 Companion in Yellow Synthetic is SPF to Foghorn Leghorn Fan.

Hi, Jim! Great to see a strong supporter of the sale stop by! I think I have your email address and will send you my PP info.

Andrew

2) Buck 301 Stockman in Black Sawcut Delrin is now SOLD to matthewtstock.

PP received. Thanks, Matthew. I'll get this one in the mail to you Monday with a tracking no.

Andrew

1) Buck 309 Companion in Yellow Synthetic is now SOLD to Foghorn Leghorn Fan.

PP received. Thanks, Jim. I will have this en route to you Monday with a tracking no.

Many thanks,

Andrew

My good friend Andrew, I'll take #6 please. I've probably misplaced your Paypal address so please email me if you don't mind.

6) Buck 112 Ranger LT is SPF to Railsplitter.

Rick, it's wonderful to see you and a pleasure to sell you this knife.

I will email you my PP info. right now.

Thanks,

Andrew

6) Buck 112 Ranger LT is now SOLD to Railsplitter.

Rick, PP received, and thanks very much for generously kicking in extra for the pups. Very good of you!

I will get this 112 LT on its way to you Monday with a t/n.

Thanks again,

Andrew

5) Buck 110 Folding Hunter LT is SOLD to Invoice.

Neal, PP received and thank you kindly for overpaying so generously. It'll all go to the pups!

Also, our friend Rick (Railsplitter) is very graciously gifting you the 112 LT as well. So I'll have the pair on their way to you Monday with a t/n.

Finally, I need one bit of info. from you and I'll email you at the email address on your PP payment to ask for it.

Andrew

P.S.: And thanks very much for the additional overpayment you sent as a thank you gesture to Rick. Way above and beyond the call of duty, but the pups and I appreciate it!

Last edited:
Also, our friend Rick (Railsplitter) is very graciously gifting you the 112 LT as well. So I'll have the pair on their way to you Monday with a t/n.

Wow!!! So Railspitter buys the knife, then gifts it to another member to give to his son. That is an honorable thing to do. If I know Rick, I bet he paid more than the asking price for the knife as well to bene fit the charity. Rick you're a stand-up guy. I tip my hat to you Sir.

Last edited:
Wow!!! So Railspitter buys the knife, then gifts it to another member to give to his son. That is an honorable thing to do. If I know Rick, I bet he paid more than the asking price for the knife as well to bene fit the charity. Rick you're a stand-up guy. I tip my hat to you Sir.
Thank you for the kind words, my friend.

If I know Rick, I bet he paid more than the asking price for the knife as well to benefit the charity. Rick you're a stand-up guy. I tip my hat to you Sir.

He surely did, and I quite agree---Rick is 1st Class all the way.

And Neal (Invoice) overpaid as well---and then kicked in even more as a "thank you" to Rick.

These fine gents, along with my other much appreciated Buck buyers, made my day today. :thumbsup:

Andrew

I would like this one - 3) Buck 119 Special Hunting Knife with Black Phenolic Handle.

Thanks,

Dan

3) Buck 119 Special Hunting Knife with Black Phenolic Handle is SPF to TrackerDan.

Dan, please shoot me an email at the address in the intro. above and I'll reply with PP info.

Thanks,

Andrew

3) Buck 119 Special Hunting Knife with Black Phenolic Handle is now SOLD to TrackerDan.

PP received. Thanks, Dan. This knife will be on its way to you tomorrow with a t/n.

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back