1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attention Some sad news

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by bhyde, Jan 7, 2018.

1. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Mar 19, 2002
    If you have been around for any decent length of time or looked through any of the Pics Only threads, you have likely come across a member with the username stjames. (Out of respect for his family, I will refrain from posting his full name)
    He was one of the most senior members I ran across on this forum as well as in this particular subforum when I first joined. James was always an eager member to welcome new members as well as share a phenomenal collection of beautiful knives.
    It's with great sadness that we learn of his passing, albeit nearly two years ago.

RIP James, you have been an inspiration to many and a mentor to the community; You will be dearly missed! :(

2. RyanRaben

RyanRaben Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 10, 2014
    :( May he rest in peace.

3. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    I remember when I was new to collecting, and how much his pics had me in awe. Like so many others, I was inspired to take my collecting to the next level. The day he told me he was enjoying my collection immensely was a proud day for me, because he was so respected. He's truly missed, may he RIP.

Thank you, James, for sharing with us all.

Vaporstang and nickpp like this.
  4. newdebate

newdebate

May 10, 2014
    R.I.P.

kilogolf65 likes this.
  5. nickpp

nickpp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 11, 2005
    St James was a major influence on my CR collecting. When I joined BF and spotted this picture, it blew my mind! (picture by Mike Van Grouw, I hope he will forgive me for posting it here!)

IMG_2562.JPG
    This was in the early days of the internet for me..... I had one CRK.
    As my collection grew, St James was always generous with his praise and most helpful with his knowledge. I miss him! RIP St James!

danbot, Vaporstang and tuica like this.
  6. gazz98

gazz98 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2008
    RIP Stjames. Thoughts and prayers for his family and friends.

7. Glock Guy

Glock Guy Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Godspeed Stjames. You will be missed. :(

8. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    RIP Stjames

9. laizhekezhui

laizhekezhui

Apr 2, 2012
    RIP James.

10. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    RIP James Loved your pics and posts, you'll be missed. Condolences to your family and friends. :(

Vaporstang likes this.
  11. BBQ BOY

BBQ BOY

Feb 24, 2009
    awwww. this is terrible and what is more terrible....is that we are just now finding out 2 years later. RIP, brother.

Ballenxj likes this.
  12. James Longstreet

James Longstreet Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2014
    I always appreciated his enormous knowledge about vintage CRK. For sure he was a beloved husband, father, brother, ..... for his family their loss is so much bigger than I would be able to express with my words.

13. Scotcha

Scotcha Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2013
    RIP James. Prayers for the family.

14. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    He had all the good stuff and was very active when I started. He still pops up with the answers when I do searches-so in that way he will forever be with us.
    He certainly be missed & my belated condolences to the family

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Ballenxj and Lone_Wolfe like this.
  15. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Rest in peace...

MarriedTheMedic likes this.
  16. CAD

CAD

Jan 11, 2006
    Sad news indeed....:(

17. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    I like this way of looking at it, he'll be with us always. Certainly never forgotten.

tuica likes this.
  18. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Sorry to hear of our community's loss ... thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

19. Ballenxj

Ballenxj

Oct 30, 2010
    It's a shame really, to find out two years later? Alas, in the connected world of today's internet, we are really disconnected with the human side.
    R.I.P. StJames.

20. JoHnYKwSt

JoHnYKwSt

Mar 1, 1999
    Wow, this is sad news indeed. You were truly one of the originals and a great guy. Rest In Peace James, and condolences to your family.