Some SAK love

28D89B6E-3FF1-4E27-B1A8-0D416D89364B.jpeg The Campagnolo corkscrew works better than the Titanium Waiter, but it is not quite as portable. I usually put the wine bottle between my knees when using the Waiter.

Just picked up an Alox Cadet that has so far kicked my HAP40 Ladybug off my keychain....

I see a lot of love for the alox scales. I’ve been tempted, and watched some on the auction site, but the price!
I was watching an old cross alox soldier when it was bidding around $10, but the sharks came swarming, and I let it go.

Plus, I can’t count the times I used the tweezers to pull out splinters in my wood shop.

Maybe I ought to pick up an old military Camillus utility knife as a poor man’s alox sak. Or would that be an AAK?

I love the alox scales too, as well as the toothpick/tweezer combo. My solution is to put an alox in the pocket and a classic on the keychain.

bezexx.jpg
e62lbt.jpg

I've looked at the Old Cross models before. Passed on good deals when I wasn't interested then could not find a good deal when I was. Good looking knives you have!!

Thank you so much for kindness...

Well ... I done diddit now.
I put my old 2 hand opener German Army SAK (exact replica) in the bike bag.
It has a longer saw than the Huntsman to trim off them branches on the bike trails/routes that like to slap riders upside the head or in the face.
(I really hate when that happens.)

Senhor Pinto, that's an admirable collection of Old Cross Vics, and your limited edition Pioneers are like a rainbow!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

So, when we say SAK here, do we mean Victorinox specifically? Or are we using SAK much like people say Kleenex for any tissue or Band-Aid for any bandage?

My definition of SAK (Swiss Army Knife) is it has to be made by a company that makes knives for the Swiss Army. That used to be Victorinox and Wenger. Currently it is only Victorinox. Anything else is a Swiss army type knife, or clone or imitation, but not a SAK (Swiss Army Knife). That's how I define it. You or someone else may define it differently.

O.B.

Back