Someone must have hit the Snark button on their alarm glock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
banks have counting machines - even if you roll the coins, they have to dump them out to count & sort them.
just take the bag in and ask how much is there.

I take mine in a zip-loc bag to my bank, but you do have to have an account for them to count it.

I have yet to go to a station where I was able to pump before I paid. Card or cash...

Same for me, at least this millennium....back in the day (pre-Y2K), you could pump then pay, but I haven't seen one of those in decades.

So ive have spent several thousand dollars and hundreds of hours trying to up my sheath game over the last several months, I'm happy to say I think my leather work has come leaps and bounds in that time, but still unsatisfied, I have been trying new processes and whatnot. Today I learned a valuable lesson, dont dye the sheath blanks and wait to work them as far as glueing and sewing another day, its like trying to get beef jerky to cooperate! :D

Oh, by the way, my daughter turns,13 today! Pray for me! :rolleyes:

I would, but now that the 15 is on Jeep duty I don't need another knife. I was looking at a Kindle Fire, though.. I could get it for just a few dollars extra and it could replace my rapidly aging Nook Color.

I didn't say buy something you need, I said buy a knife.

[youtube]pW-FY14rPYI[/youtube]

What's this? I love darts!

I think somewhere in advanced post you can uncheck them. Mine asks at the bottom if I want them unckecked.

Something me and a buddy came up with while drinking...

On the right side of that doghouse you can see a sign... It has bullet holes in it that are about half inch in diameter. You had to keep one elbow on that oak tree, 11 feet away, and try and get the dart through the correct bullet hole.... 9 people have tried... Hundreds of throws... But it remains undefeated!

Nice dog house.
These were berries I had frozen and never got around to using. Moving forces you to finish up things lol.
324cd8197eeb1b85e5184bb40eff47e5.jpg

Looking good! I figured you prolly cheated. :D

I'm Looking forward to making my first batch.

I have yet to go to a station where I was able to pump before I paid. Card or cash...

The station i go to will let you If they know you... I just wave my hand and they turn the pump on...

But i don't blame them for not doing it everywhere... The way people are these days they'd prolly lose money to drive-offs... Then the price increases for the rest of us.

Happy birthday to her, good luck to you.

Getting close to the end of this one... Got a few more books in to fill some of the holes in my collection today.

Ibtl

I guess I'm in the minority on the whole pay before you pump thing. I can't say I've ever pre-paid for gas unless I just use my card at the pump because I don't need anything from inside the store.

Ibtl

I guess I'm in the minority on the whole pay before you pump thing. I can't say I've ever pre-paid for gas unless I just use my card at the pump because I don't need anything from inside the store.

I only have to prepay if I have to get gas in a city. I guess that's one of the things I don't even think about. One of the benefits of small town/country living.

So ive have spent several thousand dollars and hundreds of hours trying to up my sheath game over the last several months, I'm happy to say I think my leather work has come leaps and bounds in that time, but still unsatisfied, I have been trying new processes and whatnot. Today I learned a valuable lesson, dont dye the sheath blanks and wait to work them as far as glueing and sewing another day, its like trying to get beef jerky to cooperate! :D

you can dampen the spine of the sheath to soften it enough to fold and glue without causing issues on the sewing, but in my experience, it works better to glue and stitch while just slightly damp. punching the holes is easier and they close up better afterwards.

you and your long-suffering saint of a wife have been added to our nightly prayers.

and for some light listening....
[video=youtube;GDsvNslDP9A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDsvNslDP9A[/video]

MMMMmmmmoras...

reminds me how much I want to make some puukkos.

GSOM, you gotta get grinding on that steel. It will slow down your exchange-driven forebrain petting behavior. Promise. ;)
You are correct, sir.....and in before Bladite's smiting hammer.

out before the lock.
[video=youtube;TItvX53sp2s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TItvX53sp2s[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back