Something many of you have been waiting for...

After months of planning, discussions, and production considerations, Jerry was kind enough to concede and allow me to procure an over-run of .1875 (3/16th) Mean Streets... here is a pic. I do not have any available at the moment, however, I expect a limited number from what was left quite soon....these have almost all of the robust qualities of the standard model Mean Street, with a much thinner edge and blade grind profile. Real slicers and SCREAMING SHARP. Pricing might be a few bucks more than the standard MS, but I'm still working out the details.

View

Expect more to follow very soon...

------------------
Andy Prisco, Manager
Sharper Instinct, LLC
Phone: 1-201-493-2469
Orders-Toll Free: 1-877-557-5200
Fax: 1-201-493-2039
Visa & Mastercard Accepted

Authorized Dealers:
Busse Combat Knives and Big East Traditional Bows

Professional Shooting Svcs: Corporate Training and Stress Mgmt.

Custom Variant HeadQuarters http://home.earthlink.net/~gregrnamin/andy/sharper.htm

Sharper Instinct Website www.sharperinstinct.com

[This message has been edited by Andy Prisco (edited 08-29-2000).]

PS....the top knife in the pic is a standard MS for comparison. The bottom two are the new .1875 Mean Streets.

------------------
Andy Prisco, Manager
Sharper Instinct, LLC

Authorized Dealers:

Custom Variant HeadQuarters http://home.earthlink.net/~gregrnamin/andy/sharper.htm

Geez Andy. And here I am trying to save up a little money for Blade Show West. Have you no compassion
smile.gif
?

------------------
Semper Fi

-Bill

Andy, put me down for one ...please.....
My ex has the regular one and it looks like this will fit some of my needs perfectly.

YYYYYYAAAAAAAHHHHHHOOOOOOOOO!

I WANT ONE, I WANT ONE!

I'M GONA HAVE ONE!

------------------
Ron,
Bremerton, Washington

[This message has been edited by muzzleup (edited 08-29-2000).]

Do you people at the Busse factory ever stop thinking of ideas, even just for a little while, to allow us dedicated customers to catch up?
I WANT ONE!!!

Or two
biggrin.gif

James

------------------
The beast we are, lest the beast we become.

Now wait just a minute...I remember back in June a conversation with Heather and Amy J concerning a Busse that was smaller to fit a lady's hand better...Has Heather and Amy J readjusted a few specs at Busseland?

I know my Mean Street is one fine knife and this one ought to be a good one too...

Thanks Andy

Andy, if you could refresh my memory, wasn't some of the early Desert Warfare Mean Streets also a thinner stock, but not as thin as 3/16"?

I was under that impression for some reason, but don't have mine here at work for a sanity check.

------------------
Don LeHue

Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings...they did it by killing all those who opposed them.

Hi All!!! Don you are correct. The DW Mean Street was and is .23 INFI stock. Never before however, has there been .187 INFI stock...until now.

The original dillema was getting the INFI made in .187 but after many considerations, Jerry had the .23 stock surface ground to .187 instead...so, more expensive - YES, more production time required - YES, but worth the investment - YES.

Uh oh....I feel a Barney song coming on....

"I LOVE YOU,
YOU LOVE ME,
LETS THANK JER-RY FOR IN-FI,
IN A THIN-NER,
SHAR-PER,
MEAN-ER PRO-FILE,
THIS NEW KNIFE WILL MAKE YOU SMILE"

"THREE SIX-TEENTHS,
YES ITS TRUE,
SUR-FACE GROUND BENEATH POINT TWO,
CUT-TING POWER - WITH,
IN-FI'S LE-GEN-DAR-Y STRENGTH,
HEY, GUESS WHAT,
IT'S THE SAME LENGTH"

"YES IT'S HERE,
TRUTH BE TOLD,
DON'T STICK ME, LET'S GET THESE SOLD,
OR I'LL BE, THE KING,
OF MOUN-TAIN OF THIN KNIVES,
FEE-LING HOW THIS JUST DEPRIVES..."

------------------
Andy Prisco, Manager
Sharper Instinct, LLC

Authorized Dealers:

Andy,
Offer still open...record this and sign release... Will put on a 1-900 #...big bucks will support my Busse appetite....

Well, Andy if you can sing, I can cheer! (was varsity cheerleader in HS). How's this:

BUSSSSE, BUSSSSE, RA, RA, RA,

BUSSSE, BUSSSSEE, BOOOOM, BOOOM, BOOOOM

BUSSSSE, BUSSSE,........NUC'EM, YAAAAA,!
rolleyes.gif
has you met my drinking buddy yet?

------------------
Ron,
Bremerton, Washington

Andy, sit back and have a cold one man. I know all the stress of keeping your customers happy is getting to you, but your sanity is just as important
wink.gif

Andy, by the way, I liked the picture so much that it is now the background for my desktop. Even my wife thinks it cool!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Ron,
Bremerton, Washington

Andy, you lovable purple son-of-a-gun you, have your doc check your meds, okay. We're starting to worry about you. I mean, I know living in Joisey can do things to a guy, but your propensity for purple dinosaur songs is a bit...disturbing.
wink.gif

Now if I could only afford another one right now...

------------------
Don LeHue

Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings...they did it by killing all those who opposed them.

Andy,

I believe that you have come up with a Busse that I can't pass up. I am contacting you for price.

------------------
AKTI Member No. A000370
Email: DouglasSctt@Netscape.net

YOU NEED HELP
YES IT'S TRUE
THE OLD PRE-SCRIP-TION JUST WON'T DO
THERE'S A CUSTOM SRAIGHT-JACKET BARNEY SUIT FOR YOU
WAITING IN YOUR PADDED ROOM

tongue.gif

I sure hope that folks don't think this forum is controlled from the loony-bin. We are just a bunch of happy "KNIFE KNUTS" who sometimes get our meds a little mixed up
biggrin.gif
confused.gif

Yahooo, ping, pow, zip, zoing, zap, thud!
(bouncing all over the walls).

Know why the CS terrorists don't blow up buses anymore?

THEIR LIPS KEPT STICKING TO THE HOT TAILPIPES
tongue.gif
eek.gif

------------------
Ron,
Bremerton, Washington

[This message has been edited by muzzleup (edited 08-30-2000).]

[This message has been edited by muzzleup (edited 08-31-2000).]

Nice! I don't know though. I've grown attached to the standard thickness MS. The back of the blade is wide enough to be very comfortable when you REALLY push down hard. I've not had any trouble with the thickness either. Of course, I use mine as a general purpose indestructible utility blade and when I need a slicer I use something else.
Wait, this is starting to sound like I need another MS! One thin and one standard. If Jerry comes out with an 1/8" model, I'll need that one too!
This is brilliant! All Jerry needs to do to stay in business forever is offer his entire line in 3 or 4 different thicknesses and us Busse nuts will need to buy another complete set. Imagine a 5/16 or 3/8" thick BM-E or SH-E. Way too heavy, but would it chop or what!
Oh, the madness!
rolleyes.gif
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Andy, get help before it's too late!
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Dr.V (edited 08-30-2000).]

Back