Recommendation? Son's first knife?

:oops: Sorry ! I wasn't sure exactly . It's interesting that in the olden days and still in some subcultures and more "primitive" places that kids manage to grow up in close proximity to all manner of dangerous stuff . Open cook fires , knives , steep drop-offs ,etc .
No "sorry" needed! I just wanted a feeler as to a suggestion on my son's first knife when the time comes. I prefer Cold Steel but I may choose otherwise.

OP, Why the rush? It's almost certain he is already the heir to your entire existing collection ;-)
But you know kids, where the "old stuff" is concerned - cool is hardly ever heard.
Perhaps your collection now, should centre around accumulating popular knives of the year.
One mint in box knife a year, so that by the time he's come of age,
And with all the huge sacrifices made,
That he might hopefully appreciate the great long term effort you put in.
Just my two cents.
For some reason (unexplained) I want his first knife to be bought new under the impression that it's his first knife. My favorite brand is Cold Steel and I want to pass that on to him. As this thread grew I decided that I'm open to all ideas. Because CS is my personal favorite doesn't mean it has to be his first brand.
Yes he will own all of my edged tools at some point. I take great pride in saying that, but I may have more kids.... YIKES

The Survival Edge is great for kids :thumbsup:, I'd say almost ideal as a first knife.

Moras are good too, but much boring in comparison...

Back