Spartan Blades: Bill Harsey Designed Hunter & Difensa, and the Phrike (VERY Pic Hvy)

I don't know if anyone is specifically making them for the TT. Mark at Condos leather made a fantastic leather sheath for the Hunter so he would be a good candidate. I carry mine in a pocket sheath from @Diomedes Industries. I think one with dragon scale tooling would be bad ass. I may have to talk to Robert at @Fiddleback Outpost about that.
20180901_164102.jpg

20180901_164049.jpg

20180901_164653.jpg

20180901_164147.jpg
You're killing me. This is exactly how I carry my fixed blades in this size while out and about. Is there a model of the sheath? I don't see that one on their website. The TT is still calling my name!

You're killing me. This is exactly how I carry my fixed blades in this size while out and about. Is there a model of the sheath? I don't see that one on their website. The TT is still calling my name!

LOL, my fav way to carry since I seldom wear a belt these days. I'm pretty sure it's this one, they've gone to a new system of of naming them....
https://fiddlebackoutpost.com/collections/sheaths/products/diomedes-industries-aps-638

This is the one actually made for for inch blades, but I wanted more of a purchase on the handle while drawing it.
https://fiddlebackoutpost.com/collections/sheaths/products/diomedes-industries-aps-748

LOL, my fav way to carry since I seldom wear a belt these days. I'm pretty sure it's this one, they've gone to a new system of of naming them....
https://fiddlebackoutpost.com/collections/sheaths/products/diomedes-industries-aps-638

This is the one actually made for for inch blades, but I wanted more of a purchase on the handle while drawing it.
https://fiddlebackoutpost.com/collections/sheaths/products/diomedes-industries-aps-748
I like the more handle purchase too. Thanks for the links! I usually wear a belt but in town pocket carry is super convenient.

I like the more handle purchase too. Thanks for the links! I usually wear a belt but in town pocket carry is super convenient.

No worries. I used to always wear one, but after a discectomy 18 years ago I don't like to wear one tightly so I don't wear one unless there is a real need for it. Mostly I pocket carry things I need.

No worries. I used to always wear one, but after a discectomy 18 years ago I don't like to wear one tightly so I don't wear one unless there is a real need for it. Mostly I pocket carry things I need.
That makes sense. When I have the right sized fixed blade in a good pocket sheath I wear it everywhere just about. I turned everyone at work (mostly) into knife friendly people so no one cares if I carry a fixed blade in a pocket sheath. I've done a small fixed blade on the belt but it stands out to much for me liking.

I know people will say a fixed isn't needed at work, but honestly I don't give a :):):):). I like folders too, but if the situation allows I'll carry a fixed over folder every time.

That makes sense. When I have the right sized fixed blade in a good pocket sheath I wear it everywhere just about. I turned everyone at work (mostly) into knife friendly people so no one cares if I carry a fixed blade in a pocket sheath. I've done a small fixed blade on the belt but it stands out to much for me liking.

I know people will say a fixed isn't needed at work, but honestly I don't give a :):):):). I like folders too, but if the situation allows I'll carry a fixed over folder every time.

I prefer a small fixed over a folder any day. More durable in rougher uses and more hygienic.

Thanks for the sheath info. Ordered one a couple of days ago. I agree, small fixed blades are the bee's knees!

Nice. Let us know how you like it.
I called and made the order over the phone with Kim, very nice lady. They gave me a veteran discount which was cool. Should be here Friday, I may start a thread and give a run down of my initial thoughts and update it when I get some real use out of it.

I called and made the order over the phone with Kim, very nice lady. They gave me a veteran discount which was cool. Should be here Friday, I may start a thread and give a run down of my initial thoughts and update it when I get some real use out of it.
Please do. And snap a pic with that phrike if you could. It will give those that own that one a perspective on size (like me).

I've called spartan as well, emailed them a bunch of times with questions. It's a top notch outfit for sure.

What are you doing about a sheath? Custom like the phrike, or from spartan with kydex pr nylon?
I already have a nylon sheath from the phrike that I don't use so I opted for the black kydex. I am HIGHLY tempted to get the leather that mistwalker gave me the link for. I think I'll wait and see if the kydex works for the way I pocket carry and go from there. You've seen how I use a utiliclip and have it in a pocket.

I already have a nylon sheath from the phrike that I don't use so I opted for the black kydex. I am HIGHLY tempted to get the leather that mistwalker gave me the link for. I think I'll wait and see if the kydex works for the way I pocket carry and go from there. You've seen how I use a utiliclip and have it in a pocket.
I've got the same unused phrike sheath. Will the tt fit? I have no idea what to do with that sheath as nothing I've come across fits because of how thin the phrike is.

I've got the same unused phrike sheath. Will the tt fit? I have no idea what to do with that sheath as nothing I've come across fits because of how thin the phrike is.
I believe it will fit, the phrike and tt are the same thickness and nearly the same blade length, I can't see spartan making 2 separate nylon sheaths when they have so much in common.

I believe it will fit, the phrike and tt are the same thickness and nearly the same blade length, I can't see spartan making 2 separate nylon sheaths when they have so much in common.
The tt has to have a thicker more hand filling handle because of the handle, right? I'd worry the snap won't go around. Also, blade height has got to be different. Even stuff like an Esee 3 which is thin in the handle has a blade that is too high to fit the phrike sheath.

I guess we shall see when you get the tt.

The tt has to have a thicker more hand filling handle because of the handle, right? I'd worry the snap won't go around. Also, blade height has got to be different. Even stuff like an Esee 3 which is thin in the handle has a blade that is too high to fit the phrike sheath.

I guess we shall see when you get the tt.
Ah, you make a good point...

I don't ever use nylon sheaths anyway, I don't see the advantage over kydex.

Ah, you make a good point...

I don't ever use nylon sheaths anyway, I don't see the advantage over kydex.
I usually don't either but the Spartan one is so well done I'd like to find a use for it. Can't really sell it since I don't even know what knives will fit.

I usually don't either but the Spartan one is so well done I'd like to find a use for it. Can't really sell it since I don't even know what knives will fit.
I have to agree, excellent nylon sheath they come with. Again like you, I have no use for it.

Back