Specs And Pricing For The TNT-15 Sword

I was worried it would be too similar to my modded 1311, but it is a keeper! I will say however that for martial use I think it is a bit blade heavy, I'll hopefully address that with a grinder this weekend. Also the handle is a bit thin for me, need to think about a stylish way to address that . . .

Why do you feel it's too blade heavy to be used well in this role? I've found the opposite problem in many cases, the AK-47 and Rucki being a couple of examples for me.

Why do you feel it's too blade heavy to be used well in this role? I've found the opposite problem in many cases, the AK-47 and Rucki being a couple of examples for me.
Well I guess it is a matter of personal preference, but in a short sword I prefer speed over mass so that it is possible to change direction quickly, for a fast slicey- pokey style -- as opposed to an edged bludgeon like an axe, that can be used for cutting through helmets etc. But I have no formal training beyond a little aikido, & I may just need stronger wrists . . .

Can anyone here whose been dinged in the last day or two post the date they placed the order? I'd like to see how far down they are in the que. I placed my order on the 28th, anyone from June 25th to 27th get dinged yet?
I ordered raw dog on the 24th and have not been dinged.

I have two, and sheaths on order. I very strongly considered what you’re thinking of, but I decided against it. For me. First, I’m not what you would call “trained”, so dual wield would be an extra level of dangerous my clumsy self would be better off avoiding. Second, if the world ever gets so bad that I actually need to strap on a sword, I’ll be packing some heat along with it. Would prioritize more ammo over more swords, so I’d only carry one. I plan on keeping one at the ready for fun/work/etc. and keeping the other as a backup stored with the zom-poc gear (Let’s face it, it’s more of a com-poc, but I digress).

I’m a little upset with my TNT at the moment. While I was cleaning and oiling, she bit my finger. Nothing horrible, but I had plans with my guitar tomorrow. It’s her 2nd birthday. :) :confused::mad:

If your TNT bit you then you need to bite her back! Show her who's boss!

I ordered raw dog on the 24th and have not been dinged.
So they're not even through the orders that were placed on the first day. I'm sure the majority of the orders were placed during the first two days with smaller orders coming in during the next several days. Once they get through the first two days of orders, the pace might pick up a bit after that.

All I can say is that I hope it takes some of you a while to get yours, with the caveat that the reason is the shear volume of orders they received. Let it be such a good seller that they actually do put it back up on the website at some point. I want some more at factory pricing, gosh dang it! May it be so profitable for the Yard that they really have no choice but to complete the three piece set. Because who wants to say no to easy money?

I got mine a couple of days ago. Most important is that they’ve done a good on on the edge. Unlike some Busse swords, this will cut without needing the edge extensively reworked.

The sori is a nice touch, although it’s pretty subtle. Tip is about the right amount of pointy-ness.

Handle is fine. It could be a bit wider, but you can always put your own ito-style wrap over it.

My one gripe, which is no surprise as we knew about it beforehand, is the balance point. It’s not bad, you can manipulate the blade quite easily, but it’s not optimized for a one-handed weapon used without a shield. There are lots of ways you could remove weight from the blade. My preference would still be a substantial full-length fuller, so you’d keep the overbuilt spine thickness for doing dumb destructive stuff.

In terms of different blade lengths, a 9-10” version with the same handle and 3/16” blade stock would be interesting. A 25” blade and 10” handle would be pretty epic, but then you’d definitely need to put in a fuller / widen the handle to keep the point of balance about where it’s is now (3” from the handle, which would be fine for a 2-hand weapon).

Overall, it’s a very fun blade and a great value. It’s not optimized as a chopper or a weapon, but should be fine for a lot of messing around. My preference would be to optimize it as a weapon by bringing the POB to within 1” from the handle, which would not significantly reduce other abilities. I’d be very happy if they’d offer a variant with a fuller, even if it were $50 more.

I got mine a couple of days ago. Most important is that they’ve done a good on on the edge. Unlike some Busse swords, this will cut without needing the edge extensively reworked.

The sori is a nice touch, although it’s pretty subtle. Tip is about the right amount of pointy-ness.

Handle is fine. It could be a bit wider, but you can always put your own ito-style wrap over it.

My one gripe, which is no surprise as we knew about it beforehand, is the balance point. It’s not bad, you can manipulate the blade quite easily, but it’s not optimized for a one-handed weapon used without a shield. There are lots of ways you could remove weight from the blade. My preference would still be a substantial full-length fuller, so you’d keep the overbuilt spine thickness for doing dumb destructive stuff.

In terms of different blade lengths, a 9-10” version with the same handle and 3/16” blade stock would be interesting. A 25” blade and 10” handle would be pretty epic, but then you’d definitely need to put in a fuller / widen the handle to keep the point of balance about where it’s is now (3” from the handle, which would be fine for a 2-hand weapon).

Overall, it’s a very fun blade and a great value. It’s not optimized as a chopper or a weapon, but should be fine for a lot of messing around. My preference would be to optimize it as a weapon by bringing the POB to within 1” from the handle, which would not significantly reduce other abilities. I’d be very happy if they’d offer a variant with a fuller, even if it were $50 more.

It will be interesting to see what fishface5 achieves with his grinder

All I can say is that I hope it takes some of you a while to get yours, with the caveat that the reason is the shear volume of orders they received. Let it be such a good seller that they actually do put it back up on the website at some point. I want some more at factory pricing, gosh dang it! May it be so profitable for the Yard that they really have no choice but to complete the three piece set. Because who wants to say no to easy money?
I actually agree with you on this, I want a 20-25 inch blade version with a 10 inch handle. It would be a must have. A 10 inch length blade for the small blade to complete the set with the handle being kept the same would be fine, though they may size it down an inch (Wouldn't surprise me) for production.
Yep I ordered a raw dawg at 10:24am on the 25th and havnt been dinged either
Thanks for the info, seems that there were a lot of orders if they've still not gotten through all the orders placed on the 24th. The order size must have been huge. which definitely increases the likelihood of it making a return, not to mention possibly becoming part of a three piece set.

The TNT-15 measurements have a ratio of 1 to 2, when 1 is equal to the handle length of 7.5” & 2 is equal to the blade length of 15” which is exactly twice the length of the handle. With this formula on a larger scale, I could see a 12” handle with a 24” blade. The Yard Stick. Ruler of the Yard.

Would be cool if in the future there was a limited run of TNT-15’s with red Res-C handles. Call it the Res-Q handle.

Edit to add that an orange Res-C handle on a search and rescue style knife would also make a good Res-Q Dog.

Last edited:
Back