1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

2. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Spiderco paramilitary 2

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by Jraut98, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Jraut98

Jraut98

Aug 31, 2014
    What is ur guys opinion on the paramilitary 2 and where is the cheapest place online to buy one? Also is there a knife better then this one that is cheaper or in the same price range?

2. BetrayalSpree

BetrayalSpree

Oct 31, 2013
    I bought a para2 about 8 months ago, haven't bought another knife since. Its just about all you could need in a knife. Great ergos, sexy as hell, excellent slicer. The only thing that could be a worry is the tip being so thin, but edc nuts like us have more suitable tools to pry with

3. Clanton

Clanton Cookie Monster

Aug 12, 2013
    I have a few and I'll say it's the best knife out there for the money.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. survival_minds

survival_minds

Aug 10, 2014
    You need more of those.

5. lowslowmiata

lowslowmiata

Mar 4, 2014
    Pm2s are awesome and easy to mod if you are a tinkerer. I carry and use mine hard every day uploadfromtaptalk1410983625929.jpg

6. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    I'm not a huge fan of the PM2 honestly. It just never won me over. As for the money, there are plenty of decent other knives for the money and hell, some of 'em are from Spyderco.

7. SpydrMan

SpydrMan

Jul 20, 2014
    There are plenty of good knives in the $100-$120 range, but I've not owned any better than the Paramilitary 2. If I could only own one folder, the PM2 would be it.

8. Jraut98

Jraut98

Aug 31, 2014
    Where is the cheapest place online to buy a new one?

9. fuzzynuk

fuzzynuk

Jul 17, 2014
    That's a nice mod to the spydie hole. If you don't mind me asking how'd you do that?

10. Fish Boy

Fish Boy

Aug 2, 2014
    The Paramilitary 2 is an amazing knife. The blade is sharp as a razor and could shave hair off my arm out of the box. Perfect ergonomics, zero blade play, the blade is perfectly centered, the lock is strong as hell, not to mention that the knife looks great.

The knife uses S30V steel in the blade, which is pretty much the best blade steel there is - as well as G-10 scales which are great, not too grippy but grippy enough, and the amount of jimping on the spine and finger choil is perfect.

There's no real downside to this knife aside from possibly the price.

You will usually find them for sale around the $150 mark - never less than $120. Never buy one off eBay, there's counterfeits. Some good places to buy them are BladeHQ or KnifeCenter, although it's getting harder and harder to find an online retailer with Paramilitaries in stock. You may want to use the Spyderco dealer locator to find a local Spyderco dealer which may have them in stock; that's how I got my first Para.

Some other knives to consider would be the Chris Reeve Sebenza 21 (I'm going to be buying this soon, great knife but quite expensive), the Benchmade Griptilian (especially the Ritter Grip), or the Zero Tolerance 0350.

An amazing knife - a bit pricey, but worth every penny.

11. lowslowmiata

lowslowmiata

Mar 4, 2014
    It was super easy and I have zero grinder experience . I used a table grinder to put a small notch where I wanted the wave to be Then used my Ken onion worksharp to smooth the spine down and clean up the edge. Waves better then the one emerson I owned with less then 10 minutes of work

12. fuzzynuk

fuzzynuk

Jul 17, 2014
    Thanks! I defiantly have to give this a try soon

13. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
  14. Knifein

Knifein Banned BANNED

Mar 20, 2010
    First of all it's SpYderco, get it right. Now to answer your question it's a good simple knife. Nothing special really.

You can find this out for yourself with a simple google search. Put on your big boy pants, you don't need anyone to look for what you can easily find yourself.

Yes, there are many.

15. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    The Para is one of the must-have knives.
    rolf

16. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    I completely disagree. It is special. What sets it apart is the compression lock. This is my favorite of the one hand operated knife locks. Even more than the axis which is also great. It is very special! And Like Lycosa says, it is truly one of the must own knives. If you don't like it once you get one, you can easily sell it for close to what you paid. That brings me to where to get one....Like was posted above, the best place is right here on the exchange. That is where I got mine and have never regretted it.

17. Jraut98

Jraut98

Aug 31, 2014
    Thanks everyone for being do helpful except knifein who is just a dick. Buddy don't post shit if ur just gonna be an ass hole.

18. rycen

rycen Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

Aug 22, 2002
    Jraut98

Your language needs to be edited.

19. SpydrMan

SpydrMan

Jul 20, 2014
    I'm not sure where you are shopping but there are plenty of reputable retailers who have these for less than $120. Just this week I saw them for $107 shipped. I paid $110 for mine. I've seen them for preorder for $105. Not that it's not worth the money, but $120 would be the absolute most I would pay, there are too many sources who sell them cheaper to pay any more,

20. Striderco

Striderco

Jun 17, 2010
    I could never get to liking the lock?!! What the hell is the lock all about?!! Why not just do a regular liner lock?! The lock they use on it is just crap IMO!!