Off Topic Springtime is lovely for a stroll in the snark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been wanting to buy a portable building to make a workshop out if. Prices have gone crazy since covid. I found one online, used obviously, for $500. It's 12x20, which is perfect for where I want to put it. I want to go look at it, it's about 87 miles from home. Having a hard time locating a shed mover locally online. Also, the town I live in requires an inspection before building, or placing a portable structure on your property. The guy wants to get rid of it, because his wife got a new she shed, and they wanna put a pool there. Would hate to buy it, only to have the city council say no.
Town ordinances are odd at times. In my town An out building less than 144 square feet and no taller than 12 feet if located in the backyard doesn’t require a permit. If you pour a cement slab it becomes taxable on my property taxes. Same goes for a concrete drive. If the drive is asphalt or pavers it’s not considered permanent and is not taxable. If your deck is attached to your house it’s permit required. Leave a 1 inch gap and it doesn’t require a permit and is not taxable. Crazy crap when it comes to zoning.

I PM'd the guy yesterday. There's no runners on the bottom. The 2x6's he was talking about were in a box frame, and it's been sitting on the ground for 12 years. I can't imagine the bottom is in very good shape.

I PM'd the guy yesterday. There's no runners on the bottom. The 2x6's he was talking about were in a box frame, and it's been sitting on the ground for 12 years. I can't imagine the bottom is in very good shape.
Even if it was pressure treated I’d be concerned. 12 years uhggg

I told the guy my concern, and he responded that it wasn't in an area that floods, haha. Guess it never rains there either. :rolleyes:

Got a 11 mile 2000 ft elevation change in the first 1.5 miles mountain climb in the morning. The weather is gonna be crazy. Ice covered rocks and 60 degrees, pouring down rain and 50 mph gust. You’d think I was Infantry lol

I just got a severe thunderstorm warning on my phone, saying a severe storm was over the town I live in. Knew it was raining, but looked out the front door, and holy cow, haha. Up to 60mph wind gusts.

What's up yall, let's send this snark thread on its way, it's way past due.

As for the absence here, life has been crazy fast and crazy busy. Each of the kids have been really involved with school sports, so sometimes it feels like there's not enough hours in a day. Hopefully after Christmas, things will slow down a bit.

Hope yall are doing good!

We normally let snark threads go to 1,000 posts. Not sure why we do, we just do, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back