Off Topic Springtime is lovely for a stroll in the snark

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reported the item as being counterfeit to fleabay a couple of weeks ago and the offering is still up. I assume the seller pays fleabay enough to get a pass. Says 4 sold in the last 24 hours, so I guess someone finally bought 4 at once since a search of the seller's sold items only brings up 1 transaction.

Well it's officially summer had fried squash and cucumbers for lunch today. Less than an hour before I fried the squash and cut up the cucumbers they were on the vine

Wife put my name in for a $100 gift certificate drawing at the antique store, and I won, haha. Problem is, I never really see anything I want there. Small store. If they let me, I'll just give it to her.
Went there today, but didn't find anything. Certificate good through the rest of this year.

I reported the item as being counterfeit to fleabay a couple of weeks ago and the offering is still up. I assume the seller pays fleabay enough to get a pass. Says 4 sold in the last 24 hours, so I guess someone finally bought 4 at once since a search of the seller's sold items only brings up 1 transaction.

well, he has 100s or 1000s of counterfeits...

so this is a real factory or the OEM for companies that claim they are the makers (usa, oem, etc, etc)

none the less, 100% sold out on this item, sell is still valid.

hopefully Ethan and KaBar can do the legal things...

but hey, D2 :D

oh, as a general rule. ...

don't do that...

let Ethan or KaBar do it

Well it's looking like a storm coming in. I have picked cucumbers and squash , took the neighbors some cucumbers . I have taken the first batch of squash chips of the year off the dehydrator ,sliced up another batch with a BK10 . Those are on the dehydrator. One more day until the weekend

I just let the veggies feed the vegetarians that feed me.
Doesn't that qualify you as a vegetarian then?
~~
It's jungle hot out here this week, can't wait for the 92* cold front to blow through after the weekend. :rolleyes:

This level of snarkage is unacceptable!!
Yes on vegetarianism. A self-professed vegetarian friend of mine has recently bought a smoker and has been smoking all the vegetarians she can get her hands on. I told her chicken is the tofu of meat.

Here, see yard work precipitated (har-har) by a fallen limb from Elsa passing through. Becker content is the BK-4 sheath that holds the Thai enep (w/ grind/edge tune-up and lignum vitae handles by Yours Truly):

IMG_20210711_163128-small.jpg

IMG_20210711_163116-small.jpg

BTW, interesting Becker Sales story:

I brought my spare BK-2 (Gen-2, stamped, unused w/ box) down to consign with the outing store at the end of my street that also consigns (my) knives for me. Couldn't sell it on here, but it was snatched up in two days. They just call it a 'Ka-bar', but whatever - it sold in a hot minute.

The owner I talked to today (pair of brothers) was impressed by how fast it went, so ordered a Ka-bar kukri to throw in the case. But... was very disappointed that it was made in Taiwan and probably won't order more. He carries Buck, Boker, Benchmade, Victorinox. I'm going to bring a bundle of other Beckers down for them to check out.

Still working out. Today marks the start of my 9th week. Haven't eaten any cakes for a month now. Cut my Pepsi intake from about 5 or 6 a day, to 3 a day. Haven't really lost any weight, as I'm building muscle, and of course, it weighs more than fat. See a huge improvement overall. Feels pretty damn good, I must say.

Bluefin fishing is calling me, and I must refrain. All work and no play... :D ... chipping away at this roof, like some kind of archeology dig. It'll be worth the new top.

Hey Dubz, since you like Maker's Mark and Buffalo Trace, you'd probably dig these too:

IMG_20210713_232500-small.jpg

The No. 14 is a maple bourbon from VT and it's glorious. A little sweet for me these days, but really really good.

Have to give em a try one of these days. :thumbsup:

Still working out. Today marks the start of my 9th week. Haven't eaten any cakes for a month now. Cut my Pepsi intake from about 5 or 6 a day, to 3 a day. Haven't really lost any weight, as I'm building muscle, and of course, it weighs more than fat. See a huge improvement overall. Feels pretty damn good, I must say.
Are you following a workout plan or just doing general lifting? I've been controlling my diet and losing some weight. I am starting to think about building some muscle this fall, but I'm not young anymore and am going to have to be smart about it to not add another injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back