Spyderco 2018 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

I was frequently refreshing the BHQ pages for the Para 3 maxamet and PM2 M4 yesterday and never saw the Para 3 in stock. I was checking it at the same time someone on a Spyderco FB group said it was available, too. It either came in stock and sold out in a span of 30 seconds or there’s some other shenanigans going on. The Para 3 is one of the knives I signed up for BHQ’s notification email and definitely was not notified.

I was frequently refreshing the BHQ pages for the Para 3 maxamet and PM2 M4 yesterday and never saw the Para 3 in stock. I was checking it at the same time someone on a Spyderco FB group said it was available, too. It either came in stock and sold out in a span of 30 seconds or there’s some other shenanigans going on. The Para 3 is one of the knives I signed up for BHQ’s notification email and definitely was not notified.

BladeHQ, KnifeCenter and some others have preorders which they'll fill first before making the rest, if any, available as in stock.

I spoke with the Spyderco Factory Outlet yesterday, and there is no certainty that the PM2 in Maxamet will ever come back. An amazing steel, and little or no availability.
The Para 3 is a bit too small for my hand.

Sal said this about Maxamet a few days ago on the Spyderco Forum:

sal post_id=1219434 time=1521508997 user_id=21 said:
Hi Camhabib,

Welcome to our forum.

Maximet is a very challenging steel to turn into a blade. Fallout is high and we need to think it through more carefully before resuming.

sal

BladeHQ, KnifeCenter and some others have preorders which they'll fill first before making the rest, if any, available as in stock.
I have a preorder with KnifeCenter for the maxamet Para 3. Never owned a Para 3 but want to try out the steel.

I’m waiting for BHQ to release the M4 PM2, and maybe the S35VN PM2 / Para 3... would have been easier to order all at once. Just noticed they’re sold out of the OD green PM2 that I just got the other day. It’s regular S30V and was only around a few weeks.

I would say you should wait a bit. Pretty soon there will be many and they will be MSRP.
OTOH, if that was a PM2 instead of PM3, I'd say you got a real deal.
I don't believe that the PM2 will come back. It's not in the new catalog; that says a lot.

I see it is in stock at KnifeCenter but my order status hasn’t updated. In fact, it actually says not in stock just on my order. And... in the time it took me to send them an email it looks like it’s no longer in stock.

Last edited:
I got lucky and just checked all the sites.good week for me I have this coming and a kw cf/ti Millie coming

I got lucky and just checked all the sites.good week for me I have this coming and a kw cf/ti Millie coming
Nice. Did you have a preorder with KnifeCenter? I haven’t heard back from them yet and am giving them the benefit of the doubt.

No I was just googling different retailers and saw they had it in stock. It wasn't last night when I checked but

Back