1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by RamZar, Jan 8, 2019.

1. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Frustration! Per tracking, the Tropen has been delivered to my PO and has been "sorted" but hasn't been delivered to my box yet. Ugh! Looks like I'll have to wait for it until tomorrow. :(

Update 01/15/19: Received the Tropen today and love it. :)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  2. Jordan@DLT

[email protected] Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Jul 22, 2014
    Fixed, thanks for the reminder.

3. ribstabsheart

ribstabsheart Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Does anyone know why they move to doing laminated blades instead of full high carbon still, like the super blue series? I kind of like being able to get up a patina on the whole blade

4. John_0917

John_0917

Apr 15, 2014
    Laminated blades are a Japanese traditional thing, it's called San Mai. Cold Steel tried to trademark the term a few years ago and sued people, the judge managed not to laugh at them when he dismissed the suit based on the term being about 2000 years old.

Anyway, many blades made with Japanese steels as the cutting edge are laminated, whether carbon or stainless. For instance, older ZDP blades and the upcoming SG2 are laminated. It's not really necessary like it is to prevent corrosion like on Super Blue and VToku. I feel like some laminated Spydercos are the bane of dealers' existence (returns for uneven lines).

Pharmagator and Peacedivision like this.
  5. Peacedivision

Peacedivision

Sep 4, 2018
    They were added to BHQ coming soon section as well so looks like a distributor run.

Edit for pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Standard78 and AF like this.
  6. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Manix2 CPM-20CV Red G-10 DLT Trading (USA) was at the exclusive dealer!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013

8. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Thx @RamZar I always appreciate these threads. Thumbs up!

Pharmagator likes this.
  9. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    So, from the video, what I heard was the Smock w/in a week and the LW Para 3, the Ikuchi and the Gauntlet due w/in the next 3 months (the 1st quarterly reveal for 2019)

as shown here on the New Product Reveal Page

plus a tanto Para Military 2 at some unknown date in the future (that's already being discussed in a separate thread).

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  10. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    The Reveal process will announce knives that become due about 90 days after the reveal date.

The ParaMilitary2 with tanto blade could become a BladeHQ exclusive!

[​IMG]

VernonRemington and Pharmagator like this.
  11. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    Anyone know when bow river will release? I sure hope it won't be as far back as May like he said in the vid.

12. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    I watched the video and had a different interpretation of what was said. I don't think it's planned as an exclusive. If you have another source please share.

13. Pharmagator

Pharmagator Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 17, 2010
    BD1N Anyone have info on this steel?

14. John_0917

John_0917

Apr 15, 2014
    Or titanium ...

SpySmasher likes this.
  15. John_0917

John_0917

Apr 15, 2014
    Yea I’m curious if they actually sell this, I don’t see it being successful.

That said, since it’s just a different grind on an existing model it might be successful.

16. M. Johnwell

M. Johnwell

Jan 8, 2015
    The original super blue series was also laminated on most of the models. Only the Caly’s were solid super blue, I believe.

17. kniferbro

kniferbro

Jan 22, 2011
    Well as long as distributors pick it up, Spyderco is in the green.

John_0917 likes this.
  18. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    I said "could": "The ParaMilitary2 with tanto blade could become a BladeHQ exclusive!".

19. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    Uh huh.

20. John_0917

John_0917

Apr 15, 2014
    True, it might be worth it for a low quantity run or two...Or it could end up like the CF/M4 model and sit on the shelves for years.

kniferbro likes this.