1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by RamZar, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    The BladeHQ exclusive Native 5 with M4 steel, black dlc, and jade g10 has been popping up on the auction sites. Can’t be too long before the release.

For some reason I am very disappointed that Spyderco switched to a linerless design on the Native 5 though. Really going back and forth with myself over this one (doesn’t help that it’s priced at $160 I guess).

2. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    The linerless design is why I'm interested. I had the fluted cf version which also is linerless. Lightweight, balanced and still very solid feeling.

5-by-5 likes this.
  3. JimMD

JimMD Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I was hot after a linerless G-10 model with S35VN when they first announced the design change. I've since moved on to other interests, but I agree regarding the appeal of the lack of liners.

4. lieferung

lieferung

May 24, 2016
    I was reluctant on the liner less factor as well, but I couldn't pass the Native, a compact work knife, in such a great working steel. And boy, I was not disappointed. No issues without liners, it's a very solid feeling knife and comfortably lightweight

5. K.O.D.

K.O.D. Banned Platinum Member

Aug 21, 2013
    How I wish Spyderco would phase out S30V. So many designs I like but won't buy because of that. Gotta wait for sprint runs.

I really like those Abel reels Native 5's. If they made a walleye version my dad would probably have another heart attack. Alas, Abel is a fly fishing company and doesn't cater to walleye fishing.

Tron2119 likes this.
  6. Johnny brown

Johnny brown

Jun 3, 2017
    Sorry if I'ma bringing up a topic that's been beat to death as I drop in only from time to time, but I'ma just wondering where the f&@$ the paysan is at. Anyone know, are we getting close? I heard early this year so....

7. Glock Guy

Glock Guy Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 28, 2012
    According to my dealer, the delivery date it shows is the end of this month.

Of course after waiting as long as we have, I'll believe it when I see it!

8. Johnny brown

Johnny brown

Jun 3, 2017
    Baited breath for sure

9. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Would certainly like to fondle a Paysan but there's no way I'm going to buy one.

10. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    now that you are saying it, I wonder if anyone has thought about a knife rental business. For example, paying $20 plus two way shipping for renting a knife to fondle for two weeks.:p

11. gadgetgeek

gadgetgeek

May 19, 2007
    It happens for high end watches, so I'm sure there is a cosierge service that does it, but I don't think even a paysan is above the minimum in value they would be looking at.

sharp_edge likes this.
  12. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Smock CPM-S30V CF/G-10 Laminate (Taiwan) is in stock at some dealers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Darkera likes this.
  13. Eljay2

Eljay2

Sep 25, 2018

14. Eljay2

Eljay2

Sep 25, 2018
    Question: who would be excited to acquire a natural G10 Shaman with M4? ;-)

Tron2119, Mo2 and John_0917 like this.
  15. John_0917

John_0917 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Yes, but the Shaman really needs some CQI, especially to cut down the weight.

16. Johnny brown

Johnny brown

Jun 3, 2017
    Not sure why all the hype about "overpriced" knives, or anything really. I won't get off on a rant but some people want what that 2ant and if they can pay for it what's it to anybody else. You wouldn't buy a certain knife above a certain price? piss off thent and don't put up the money, bit just spare us the financial wizardry routine about how you'll get it at a better price or such n such is crazy. Nice shot cost money, get over it. I swear if I hear " I'd never pay that Der der der",or "oh my sweet tight panties, does he know he could buy a sebenza with that kind of money"!? The hell outta here. People spend large amounts of money on all kinds of over the top shit, knives are no different.

Glock Guy, TX180SX and 5-by-5 like this.
  17. perchjerk

perchjerk Gold Member Gold Member

May 27, 2009
    A little birdie whisper something in your ear?

18. lieferung

lieferung

May 24, 2016
    I would be so incredibly eager to buy one

19. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    I think Spyderco should do more Sprint Runs with Rex 45 steel blade and Burnt Orange G-10 like they did for the U.S.-made Military, Para-Military2 and Para3 but this time for other U.S.-made Spydercos like Native5, Manix2, Shaman and Lil' Native.

20. Rusty_shackelford

Rusty_shackelford Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2013
    I’d love a rex45 manix2.

blame it on god and SLOsmokin like this.