Spyderco 2020 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

So, my son pre-ordered a Siren for me at KC back in January. Some time after that, I learned that KC often accepts more pre-orders than knives they actually have coming in, and that guys/gals on the forums who didn't know that previously often miss the first batch of knives because there is no way of knowing how far down the pre-order list they actually are. Some even suggested cancelling the KC pre-order and purchasing from one of the other dealers as soon as the first batch came into stock, because they had failed to do so in the past and had to wait a long time until KC actually shipped their order.

Well, it happened to me yesterday. The Sirens came into stock at dealers and I held off because I wanted to see if KC was going to ship mine. I emailed them, but hadn't received a response, so I called them. I spoke with a nice young lady on the phone and learned that my order had not shipped with their first batch of knives and they were now in pre-order status again. I asked if she could tell me how far down the list my order was, and she told me she didn't have an exact count, but that they were "working on orders from September of 2019". Geez!

Of course, all of the dealers who had them to "add to cart" yesterday are back in pre-order status today. It's been 208 days since the Siren was announced during the Spyderco reveal and the knives have just begun "trickling in". Looks like I have a while to wait. I would love to hear from somebody at Spyderco what the exact reason it is taking so long to bring this particular knife to market might be. I love the idea that it is LC200N and really hope that other parts of the knife aren't causing issues. The delay was happening way before the Corona virus scare hit, and we've only heard vague comments from Sal's son and from one of their workers on another forum.

BTW, I have pre-ordered knives from other dealers before and really don't like how KC has a rolling pre-order list. I've always received my knife when the others who have pre-ordered received theirs. Small worries in the times we are in, but I wouldn't pre-order there again.

Same thing just happened to my at Knife Depot.

"I am very sorry, but the warehouse has just informed us that the item you ordered Spyderco Police 4, 4.4" K390 Plain Satin Blade, Black G10 Handle - C07GP4 is currently on backorder."

This response was only after me reaching out and asking for an update. Seems dishonest/deceptive to me. Others have experience with Knife Depot? Or is this new for them?

Same thing just happened to my at Knife Depot.

"I am very sorry, but the warehouse has just informed us that the item you ordered Spyderco Police 4, 4.4" K390 Plain Satin Blade, Black G10 Handle - C07GP4 is currently on backorder."

This response was only after me reaching out and asking for an update. Seems dishonest/deceptive to me. Others have experience with Knife Depot? Or is this new for them?
I think they just haven't updated their website (some smaller sites don't maintain properly ) since Spyderco discontinued the G10 Police 4 K390. Don't know if it's deceptive or just incompetence, But that knife is not coming back into stock !

Not new. First came out in November 2019.

Delica4 VG-10 Glow-In-The-Dark FRN Sportsman's Supply/Moteng (Japan).

It looks like these are at multiple dealers now. I know glow in the dark is a little silly but I couldn’t resist one this time.

It looks like these are at multiple dealers now. I know glow in the dark is a little silly but I couldn’t resist one this time.

Sportsman’s Supply/Moteng is a distributor which sells to multiple dealers.

Just placed an order for a black Yojimbo (as well as a Byrd hawkbill to get free shipping) which is back in stock on Spyderco's website again.

While I was there, I noticed that Spyderco actually has a couple of Randall skinners and bowies in stock/ready to ship.

Haven't ever seen one actually listed on Spyderco's site before. They're not cheap but if you're in the market for a Randall, they're there (for now) if you want one.

Last edited:
Just placed an order for a black Yojimbo (as well as a Byrd hawkbill to get free shipping) which is back in stock on Spyderco's website again.

While I was there, I noticed that Spyderco actually has a couple of Randall skinners in stock/ready to ship.

Haven't ever seen one actually listed on Spyderco's site before. They're not cheap but if you're in the market for a Randall, they're there (for now) if you want one.
Saw those yesterday, Beautiful looking blades!

Saw those yesterday, Beautiful looking blades!

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm not a Randall "collector" but I'm having a real hard time not clicking the "add to cart" button for a Bear or Sportsman bowie.

The only thing that's stopping me is the near $800 purchase price. Gotta wait for my stimulus check to hit the account before I can do that. LOL!!!!

While I was there, I noticed that Spyderco actually has a couple of Randall skinners and bowies in stock/ready to ship.

Those Randall Made Knives are very nice with the brass hilt and leather handle which to me is how a Bowie should be. Spyderco is a dealer for them. Randall knives are not known for cutting edge steels though. They have just two options for the steel: carbon or stainless. I believe the carbon steel is O1 and the stainless steel is 440B.

By the way, for less than half the price you can get the modern Spyderco Respect Bowie with CPM-154 powdered stainless steel and G-10. It's not a classic with brass and leather but very practical. A Respect with brass and leather would be a nice option. There's also the Province Bowie with CPM-4V powdered tool steel and G-10.

RAN%2012-11_L.jpg

FB44GP_Both.png

FB45GP_Both.png

Last edited:
Me too...

My factory edge was great and after confirming that it could shave, I went ahead and sharpened it. Sharpening 4V freehand on diamond plates was a real treat, it raises a bur easily, and the fine edge that it takes is amazing... its crisp and aggressive.

I used Atoma 400, 600, 1200, and then finished the plate progression with a DMT Extra Extra Fine. On the plates, I can tell that it's a hard steel and it almost makes other 'super' steels feel like mush.

I stropped with diamond on leather down to 0.1 micron, stopping to whittle or at least split a hair after each grit strop.

In stock at GP Knives now:
  • LadyBug3 K390 Blue FRN LFP3K390 (Japan)
  • Siren LC200N Black G-10 C247GP (USA)

They came and went within 90 minutes last week! I'm sure more will flow through SFO in the next 30 days! :)

No rush.

While I have broken down and bought other new releases before at street price, I'm willing to wait for the extra 15% discount as an OpFocus member for the Siren.

Back