Spyderco 2021 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Come January 2022 the ParaMilitary2 S45VN/G-10 with steel liners will be $171.50 (up 10% from the current $154.70). BladeHQ announced their ParaMilitary2 Exclusives with BD1N/Aluminum and no steel liners for $140.00 weighing just 3.25 oz. which is less than the PM2 G-10 with liners at 3.75 oz. So, a lightweight PM2 with less expensive blade steel is one way to provide a more affordable PM2.
True, however, that is in January. As of right now, and the day they go on sale, they are only $14.70 cheaper.
Should these have came out next year, Im sure the 10% increase would exist as well. Throwing in S45V now would have been an excellent decision.
Granted, the blades may not have been available, yet I'm still soured over these.

Never been much of a PM2 fan but I do love the pretty colors for the aluminum handles, and it's nice that it's both simpler and lighter without liners. I agree that the steel seems like a bit of a let-down at that price point, but that green one is still calling me.

The pocket clip holes surely have steel inserts, right?
A no color option would have been nice...
Based on the close-up pic a few posts back and the BHQ product shots, I'm not sure they do. I don't think any of my aluminum-handled knives have inserts like that -- but none of them allow the clip to be moved, either.

I share your interest in bare aluminum, or black, in the mix. :)

I love the PM2, it looks so weird but that’s part of its charm IMO. Very ergonomic too. I’ve only owned the regular satin g-10 and the black-blade versions both in S30V, but these new aluminum ones look beautiful! Especially the blue. I really can’t find much information about BD1N steel though…
Is it comparable to cpm-154 as far as edge retention goes? I like that steel a lot.

I love the PM2, it looks so weird but that’s part of its charm IMO. Very ergonomic too. I’ve only owned the regular satin g-10 and the black-blade versions both in S30V, but these new aluminum ones look beautiful! Especially the blue. I really can’t find much information about BD1N steel though…
Is it comparable to cpm-154 as far as edge retention goes? I like that steel a lot.

BD1N stainless steel is actually more corrosion resistant than S30V/S35VN/S45VN but not very good at edge retention.

3fRmcgi.jpg

Does the 2022 release include a re-introduction of the Caly 3.5 in ZDP or the Native 5 w fluted CF and S90v?

Both are in the 2022 catalog so they should get restocked at some point. Caly 3.5 ZDP-189/420J2 with CF will be $242.90. Native5 S90V with Fluted CF will be $277.20.

RamZar RamZar : Who prepared and/or where did you get this chart?

Larrin Thomas, a steel metallurgist in Pittsburgh, PA with PhD in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering at the Colorado School of Mines.

The article from which I got that chart:

Larrin Thomas, a steel metallurgist in Pittsburgh, PA with PhD in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering at the Colorado School of Mines.

The article from which I got that chart:

OIC. It's a recent article of his that I had previously bookmarked but had forgotten about. Thanks for the link and the reminder!

These BladeHQ Exclusive ParaMilitary2 are/were in stock:

• ParaMilitary2 CTS-BD1N Satin PlainEdge Blade "Cosmic Arc" Textured Purple Aluminum C81ALPBK2 BladeHQ (USA)
  • ParaMilitary2 CTS-BD1N Satin PlainEdge Blade "Cosmic Arc" Textured Blue Aluminum C81ALPBL2 BladeHQ (USA)
  • ParaMilitary2 CTS-BD1N Satin PlainEdge Blade "Cosmic Arc" Textured Green Aluminum C81ALPGR2 BladeHQ (USA)

Spyderco-Paramilitary-2-Purple-Aluminum-Satin-C81ALPPR2-BHQ-137752-jr-large.jpg

Spyderco-Paramilitary-2-Purple-Aluminum-Satin-C81ALPPR2-BHQ-137752-jr-spine-large.jpg

Spyderco-Paramilitary-2-Purple-Aluminum-Satin-C81ALPPR2-BHQ-137752-jr-side-large.jpg

Spyderco-Paramilitary-2-Blue-Aluminum-Satin-C81ALPBL2-BHQ-105235-jr-large.jpg

Spyderco-Paramilitary-2-Blue-Aluminum-Satin-C81ALPBL2-BHQ-105235-jr-spine-large.jpg

Spyderco-Paramilitary-2-Blue-Aluminum-Satin-C81ALPBL2-BHQ-105235-jr-side-large.jpg

Spyderco-Paramilitary-2-Green-Aluminum-Satin-C81ALPGR2-BHQ-137718-jr-large.jpg

Spyderco-Paramilitary-2-Green-Aluminum-Satin-C81ALPGR2-BHQ-137718-jr-spine-large.jpg

Spyderco-Paramilitary-2-Green-Aluminum-Satin-C81ALPGR2-BHQ-137718-jr-side-large.jpg

I'm sorry not to be a downer but over pm2s

Give me some military, shaman, yojumbo exclusives

Back