1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 35 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 31 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Spyderco Amsterdam Meet 2018 Report

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Mr Blonde, Mar 5, 2018.

1. 4thpoint

4thpoint

Sep 28, 2015
    I hope they add a dangle loop on the Respect Sheath.

2. Iamthejellyfish

Iamthejellyfish

Jan 23, 2016
    Thanks that’s good to know. I love the look of it but that is my main worry about buying it without feeling it myself. I would definitely like the smaller and moved button concept.

3. Dfunk1210

Dfunk1210

Apr 7, 2015
    Thank you for the write-up, Mr Blonde.

I think the one knife in this batch I am most interested in is the Sabotage. Those are some meaty liners on that baby Machete

4. Mr Blonde

Mr Blonde

Oct 12, 1998
    A little dessert from the Spyderco Amsterdam Meet 2018! Just before the meet started, I had the opportunity to take a few close-up videos of some of the knives I had photographed for my other posts. I figure these clips will offer a better impression of the knives' sizes and how they fit the hand. The labels with numbers on the blades help attendees give feedback on these designs, on special cards that were collected at the end of the meet.

Please note, these are all production samples and I have no information on prices or availability.

This video includes, from start to finish:
    1) Paysan, Peter Rassenti design
    2) Brouwer, Jerry Brouwer design
    3) Respect, Spyderco design
    4) Nati Amor, Nati Amor design
    5) Lil' Native Backlock, Spyderco design
    6) Mantra 3, Spyderco design
    7) Amalgam, Brian Lai design
    8) Reinhold Rhino, Michael Reinhold design
    9) Zoomer, Thomas Zoomer design
    10) Parata, Paul Alexander design
    11) Hanan,Brad Southard design
    12) Techno 2, Marcin Slysz design

Thanks for watching!

marcus52AR and NoFair like this.
  5. wire edge

wire edge Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2001
    Nice! I thought that was the theme song to Knight Rider for a second.

6. Mr Blonde

Mr Blonde

Oct 12, 1998
    haha, that could've been cool though. This is just some cheesy tune from the youtube audio library to cover up the silence.

7. DJC72

DJC72 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 1, 2014
    Thanks for the video! Lots of informative footage.

8. AwayFromMySpydieHole

AwayFromMySpydieHole

Jan 30, 2017
    Anyone know when the paysan and techno will be out?

9. scion88

scion88 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2012
    I hope that Spyderco doesn't let the Smock 23 go into production with that butt-ugly clip! This knife is begging to have a wire clip! Why cover up the three hole design, when you could use the highly praised wire clip that would allow the holes to be seen?

10. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 27, 2005
    Man, I really like the lines on the Respect, but the bolts make the handle kind of fugly. It would fix half the issue to just black oxide them I think.

11. AwayFromMySpydieHole

AwayFromMySpydieHole

Jan 30, 2017

No one has an ETA?

12. 5-by-5

5-by-5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2016
    There is truly no way to give ETA's. The best leaks we've seen are quarters of a year.
    Exclusives are controlled by the distributer. Even they only have about a month of notice

13. Kels73

Kels73 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Yeah, that's a plastic prototype handle. I'm interested in seeing what the production G-10 handle looks like when the Respect becomes available. I suspect it will look a lot nicer.

I personally don't feel the need for removable handle scales on this knife, but they aren't a deal breaker for me.

I'm trying to control my excitement because it will probably be several months before we see it!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018