Spyderco Fakes & Knock Offs Info

I'd just like to mention that the use of any "fakes" is a bad idea. (Not that anybody on here would use, let alone own a fake knife.)
My friend nearly cut his finger off, when the lock on a Columbia River fake failed.
It was a fake M16 Zytel & a very good one, I had to take it to bits to find out it was fake. The liner was unhardened I think? & the liner lock had just buckled. The LAWKS lock was a fake, it moved just like the original, but failed to engage anything, so was just for show.
I'd like to suggest taking an angle grinder to any fakes & not just throwing them away, they can/probably will be very dangerous.

That's interesting. I appreciate the comments. Not to be argumentative, but in regards to the Spyderhole, do companies like Benchmade use it with permission, then?

-Jay
Actually, Spyderco took Benchmade to court over that, if I remember ccorrectly, and the courts ruled in Benchmade's favor, you can't "own" a hole.

Last edited:
You may not be able to own it but you can trademark it.

Actually, Spyderco took Benchmade to court over that, if I remember ccorrectly, and the courts ruled in Benchmade's favor, you can't "own" a hole.

Hi OtherGuy,

I believe that you have your facts off. It never went to court, Spyderco and Benchmade reached an agreement. Probably a wise suggestion to have your infomation be accurate before posting on a public forum.

sal

A guy who wants to buy a SPYDERCO knife not gonna buy these craps.He knows which is fake which is real.But a guy who want a folding knife and he wanna buy one of these craps cus of its cheap and says a brand that he heard.(maybe) Telling them that this is fake is not gonna change his mind because they dont wanna spend that much money on a folding knife.
NOTE:im not saying spyderco is overpiced or sth u get what i mean(hope sorry for my english)

Hi OtherGuy,

I believe that you have your facts off. It never went to court, Spyderco and Benchmade reached an agreement. Probably a wise suggestion to have your infomation be accurate before posting on a public forum.

sal
Sorry, I heard it, thought it was just a rumor, and dismissed it for a few years, then thought about it more and it kinda made sense to my then-half-asleep mind, and I guess I didn't go back to believing it as a rumor. I made a mistake, and I'll man up to it. Sorry.

Post the pictures of these fakes not the ebay link please. The listings go dead in 24hrs anyway.

Here is another fake

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-NEVER-U...ible_Knives&hash=item2a165d8baa#ht_500wt_1282

5f71da91.jpg

Witch one are you asking about?

Back