4ptpWPk.jpg

1xnG305.jpg

Zome in question

CfnCOfm.jpg

raioxUY.jpg

otT3gji.jpg

7vHLIyJ.jpg

I was really hoping it was an older one that it just slightly different
Those do look way different and not in a good way. Where did you get it? The Zome pattern is unique and applied by hand. I would imagine that is hard to counterfeit. I see in the pictures the transition from piece to piece on one part of the frn looks good. How does the rest of it look? Does it glow?

Those do look way different and not in a good way. Where did you get it? The Zome pattern is unique and applied by hand. I would imagine that is hard to counterfeit. I see in the pictures the transition from piece to piece on one part of the frn looks good. How does the rest of it look? Does it glow?

I picked it up here off the exchange. It was sold as a GITD delica 4 black blade handle with a vg10 blade from a purple delica 4. Both knives were new, just the purple vg10 (the blade of this knife) was a few years old.
I am just so paranoid with Spyderco knives since there are so many fakes. And I was kind of weirded out when I saw the jimping and different lettering on the blade.

Let us know what Spyderco says.

Might be good to not send it in right now. Lots of shipping logistics are affected by pandemic.

The tang stamps looks different. I don't know if that's a sign, or if they make slight changes to them over time.

I picked it up here off the exchange. It was sold as a GITD delica 4 black blade handle with a vg10 blade from a purple delica 4. Both knives were new, just the purple vg10 (the blade of this knife) was a few years old.
I am just so paranoid with Spyderco knives since there are so many fakes. And I was kind of weirded out when I saw the jimping and different lettering on the blade.
Okay, so the handle is legit, at least that is how it looks from the pics you posted. The blade is in question though. Since it is a couple years old I guess there could be some variation but man that looks weird. I'll look at mine when I get a chance, it's at least 4 years old.

Let us know what Spyderco says.

Might be good to not send it in right now. Lots of shipping logistics are affected by pandemic.

Will do. Thanks

The tang stamps looks different. I don't know if that's a sign, or if they make slight changes to them over time.
I am hoping that is the case and it is legit.

Okay, so the handle is legit, at least that is how it looks from the pics you posted. The blade is in question though. Since it is a couple years old I guess there could be some variation but man that looks weird. I'll look at mine when I get a chance, it's at least 4 years old.
The handle is definitely real. It’s nearly identical to my other delicas handle. But yes, the blade looks very weird to me.

Thanks for that. Hard to tell with the Damascus, but it looks like my other green one. Hopefully Spyderco will take a peak at the pictures today. Unfortunately, I spoke with sal and he said there isn’t much they can do as it’s a pieced together knife. I don’t want anything other than possible confirmation of the blades authenticity. But I sent the pictures anyhow to see what they think.

Last edited:
Gizler00 Gizler00 My jimping looks exactly like your green one but the writing on the blade looks like your Zome one. Not much help I'm afraid. I guess you can take solace in the inconsistency.

Gizler00 Gizler00 My jimping looks exactly like your green one but the writing on the blade looks like your Zome one. Not much help I'm afraid. I guess you can take solace in the inconsistency.

Thanks Bud! The writing seemed similar to ones I have owned in the past, but the jimping is what concerned me as I don’t ever recall owning any Spyderco that was similar in that regard. Thank you again.

Few more photos. Didn’t notice this before. It has a really bad grind line on the blade. Like it was over ground. Maybe factory 2nd????

then I noticed that the bottom of the blade has really weird grind lines on it. The other delica has grind lines in the other direction. This one looks like sandwiched Layers of metal. You can catch your fingernail on them.

dGvGkeL.jpg

upr5d6Z.jpg

dhSfv2E.jpg

Legit delica4

CyDckfi.jpg

One in question. Has grind lines or just lines that run perpendicular to the flat grind marks. Notice the above delica does not have this. This blade is also very shiny compared to my other delica. Almost mirror like

CFd7vC7.jpg

Have you asked the seller about this?

He said it’s a legit one he had that was 3-4 years old. I talked to Spyderco today and the woman I talked to said it looks like it has a lot of goofy characteristics to it but looks to be legitimate. I didn’t send the last three pictures to them yet that shows the grind lines and lines in the tang.
Oh well.....maybe I’ll use it as a beater.

Back