Spyderco fan group?

You don't have to be special or anything.
It's basically open to anyone.
Anyone that likes Spyderco's or is interested in them can join.

Rules are:
Own one Spyderco Knife.
At least 50 posts in this subforum.

Some people don't post on the forum a lot as a whole, not just here. So I think 50 posts is fair to everyone. It's not too high of a number but it does take some participation in discussions.

If Order Of KAI wasn't taken, we could be the Order Of Spy. Lol.

Anyways, the name should be something simple. It states the club, and done.

Also, we are NOT exclusive, that's dumb. No points, no track records, none of that. If you like Spyderco and you want to join, you can.
The only necessities to join are simple. I don't care if the only Spyderco you own is a $7 Spyderco Bug.

The Club, is where we talk about our Spyderco's, what we like, upcoming knives, etc, etc, etc.
You can ask any questions, share your pics, etc.

It's something nice and simple where people can feel welcome and accepted. Not at all a "Clique". I didn't belong to one in school, I don't want to belong to one now.

*EDIT*
Or we can do 10 posts like FCM said.

+1 to that

I think 50 is just fine, to be part of any group or club you have to be involved. Maybe even 25 posts. I don't like the whole post count thing on any forum though. It spawns elitism which is what we want to avoid here. But at the same time it is a special group and shouldn't be open to just everyone. There has to be some kind of requirement. One spyderco is fine. I absolutely love all their knives but in 3 years I've only gotten 3 of em. Some people just can't afford to buy knives or don't want anymore than they need. I like proof of one Spyderco and 25 posts to settle in the middle of both parties. And proof could be like take a pic of the knife doing this or that or with a drawing of this or that. Just something simple. Follow the kiss principle.

^^^1+^^^^
For those of us that don't know K.I.S.S stands for keep it super simple.

Im happy with 50 posts in the Spyderco sub forum. Its very easy to do and is practically the only requirement. Lets consider this settled unless anyone else wants to discuss further. Next up is name. Gotta setup a poll.

Spyderco Syndicate is my favorite so far.

Last edited:
Look at me how long have I been here and how many posts do I have?It's hard when you work 60 hours every week and you are only on a computer when at home and with spare time to boot!How is a post count rule fair to someone who loves Spyderco and this forum,but does not have the time to post as often as others?

Ok how about this if not 50 posts how about a pic of your spydies and 10 resons why you love spyderco?

Ok how about this if not 50 posts how about a pic of your spydies and 10 why resons you love spyderco?

VERY GOOD! A picture of all your Spydies in one shot should be interesting! Got Bling? Got Byrds? One picture Every Spydie you own ! Will certainly get the group talking!
Who is going to be the one to start the group? Who will moderate?

VERY GOOD! A picture of all your Spydies in one shot should be interesting! Got Bling? Got Byrds? One picture Every Spydie you own ! Will certainly get the group talking!
Who is going to be the one to start the group? Who will moderate?

I do think there should be a mod. But I don't think there should be a first i think we all like spyderco. In other words we gotta find a mod.

OK good night for real this time lol.

Look at me how long have I been here and how many posts do I have?It's hard when you work 60 hours every week and you are only on a computer when at home and with spare time to boot!How is a post count rule fair to someone who loves Spyderco and this forum,but does not have the time to post as often as others?

Well Killer, I think you could be an exception, your a paying member and have been a member for 6 years.
General rule will be 50 posts in the sub forum, and there is always exceptions to rules. NO exceptions :D
Hmm I like that, If I had a sig I'd use something like that about the rules.

SpyderHole Fanatics? Spyderco Earth Minions? Spyderco Nation? (SpyderNation)

Hmm. I don't have a life. SpyderCrew? Ha

Last edited:
Ok, realizing that we need "manpower" to really move this forward, I'll nominate myself as a facilitator for now and anyone else interested in seeing this group develop is welcome to join me.

Todo list:
1) Get the group name settled.
2) Finalize membership requirements. (We're pretty close)
3) Draft a code of conduct.
4) Membership ID's, I'm happy with the number system. Should we go in sequence or pick our own number from 2 to 1000? Zero and One will not be available out of respect to the Glessers. We can do nicknames or both, but I think nickname only may be a lil silly as some wont want one.
5) Short and sweet motto i.e. Spyderco Enthusiasts Connected.
6) Create a banner. I'm sure some of you are adept at Paint or whatever.
7) Have a sign up thread with all necessary info. Membership requirement verification thread.
8) Im sure I missed a thing or two... Have fun!

Communication maybe a challenge, you guys can also PM or email me.

Again, membership at this point is to identify yourself as a Spyderco enthusiast.

Hmm. The problem is I mainly post on the actual Spyderco forum, and just read this one. So I've got like 600 over there, and 30 over here. I guess it wouldn't be hard to get it up though. Can't wait for a group- it's long overdue!

2)Membership Requirements: To become a member, you must own at least one Spyderco knife and have at least 50 posts on the Spyderco sub forum. An exception can be made for longtime BF users who just do not post very often but enjoy Spyderco knives just the same. Generally, a Basic and above member with at least five years in BF can substitute for the 50 post requirement.

^^^ Pretty simple, we're not here to turn people down.

I call #0077!!! Just wanted to get that out of the way before I turn in for the night. ;)

PS - I think that if you own even one Spyderco and live within 50 miles of the factory (or have actually been there at least once, or have shaken Sal's hand), that should be enough qualify you for membership as well!

Everything is on hold until we finally settle on one name. I compiled a few:

The Spyder's Web SEC
Spyderco Syndicate
Spydieheads
Sal's Pal's (lol)
The Spyderco Club
SpyderNation
Whatever else, nothin too tacky I hope

No Spyderholics anonymous, too similar to another club.

Someone please make a poll and hope we get a clear cut winner, if not, top three will be considered. Hope its a good one.

2)Membership Requirements: To become a member, you must own at least one Spyderco knife and have at least 50 posts on the Spyderco sub forum. An exception can be made for longtime BF users who just do not post very often but enjoy Spyderco knives just the same or have special circumstances. As per case basis but generally, Basic and above members with at least five years in BF will be sufficient credentials for entry without the 50 post requirement. Spyderco.com forum posts will also count into the 50 total.

^^^ Ratified. Its made to be as easy as possible for everyone. Its not like you win a Delica for fulfilling the requirements or anything :)

Last edited:
^^ Agreed.
If you have posted on the Spyderco Forum, those posts count here. After all - It's the Spyderco Forum and this is the Spyderco "club".

50 posts - with exceptions to those who just haven't been able to post as much but are long standing Spyderco lovers.
And one Spyderco, that's indeed a good requirement.
Like I said, I don't care if you're only Spyderco is a $7 Bug - This knife can also be a BYRD knife. They're made by Spyderco so they count. Some people don't have the money to own even the Tenacious but do still love Spyderco Knives. So Spyderco's other knife company should count too.

Numbers are a good way of identifying.

I think maybe we should seriously be "SpyderKnuts" It's short, simple, explains what and who we are, and is kinda funny.
So for example I would be SpyderKnut #0777.

Oh, and I call #0777 before everyone else starts getting their numbers, #0777 is mine lol.

Some of our "Code of Conduct" Should include:
1.) Do not steal ideas from other clubs - the going by numbers is not stealing, just about every "club" I know of does this.
2.) Do not trash on another club - We have made guidelines of ours to our liking, no need to go talking crap about another club and how they do things..
3.) Do not trash on another company(if you don't like their knives, feel free to share that, if you had a bad experience, you can tell us, but do not start talking a bunch of crap about the company, we love Spyderco but we're not a bunch of jerky idiots)
4.) Do NOT argue/fight with another member(constructive discussion and debating is normal, don't go slinging names, etc.)

It's too early for me to come up with other code of conduct rules lol.
Some of the Code of Conduct rules seem kind of like common sense, well, yeah, but everything needs to be stated.

With order of KAI we had to post a pics of our Kershaws with out screen name, I suggest the same. And how about the more Spyderco knives you own, the less posts you have to have?

The Spyderco Syndicate gets my vote

Back