Spyderco HAP40 Thread

Right, but I figured they had shipped out the 2000 or so pieces of each run initially. Is it possible they didn't? Would really like to get my hands on a DF2 that isn't marked up on the secondary market

Right, but I figured they had shipped out the 2000 or so pieces of each run initially. Is it possible they didn't? Would really like to get my hands on a DF2 that isn't marked up on the secondary market
My guess is there was an issue with the Stretch and they ran some others them went back to the rest of the Stretch run. They could have misplaced some or had them in a quality hold for heat treat etc. Nothing wrong with hoping as this was a nice surprise for me! I don't think this oddity was planned, but who knows.

Thanks for the info nccole. It helped to feed my addiction while also righting previous wrongs... Hap 40 stretch on the way!

I was just passing along info a few posts before mine. I put mine to use today and have a patina started

Thanks for the info nccole. It helped to feed my addiction while also righting previous wrongs... Hap 40 stretch on the way!

Look what I got in the mail yesterday. :)

e92866f95c0eb85e4de84e3e7a023f7f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That must be the most perfect lamination line I've seen to date any of the HAP40's... How does the other side look like?

That dog looks worried, I think he has good reason...

That must be the most perfect lamination line I've seen to date any of the HAP40's... How does the other side look like?

Seriously, though! My stretch is super wonky in comparison. Think I may have figured out why mine was the last in the shop, haha!

The other side is a bit less precise. Love it either way. And, no dogs were harmed in the making of this post - especially that one. ;).

13f9258f3442eaff1022f83e5d6da510.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, yesterday I tried my hand at grilling a T-Bone steak, which turned out pretty OK I have to say:

81c163218074d367c656fc2b5712e86f.jpg

And, BOOM, insta-patina!

f82f03f181b59463f57984ac868e981d.jpg

111fde2e9bbe71e30d38e2ce61ef891e.jpg

I thought only the lamination lines would stain (like my SB stretch), but I'm pleased to see it all taking on some color.

Well, yesterday I tried my hand at grilling a T-Bone steak, which turned out pretty OK I have to say:

And, BOOM, insta-patina!

I thought only the lamination lines would stain (like my SB stretch), but I'm pleased to see it all taking on some color.

This is interesting. Same thing happen to my Dragonfly after cutting some fruit. I wonder why the cladding is staining...

Back