1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Spyderco Knives

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Chinikaylo, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Chinikaylo

Chinikaylo

Oct 28, 2010
    Hey guys check it out I just drew a picture of every spyderco ever made:
    [​IMG]
    http://s1122.photobucket.com/albums/l533/chinikaylo1/?action=view&current=spyderco.png
    :D Im not trying to start a fight here, I actually would rather someone throw me some pictures of spyderco's that arent following that general shape. I love spyderco's build but their style is ugly(to me), so are there any spyderco's with a different design than the norm?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  2. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod

Apr 6, 2000
    I am so tempted to give you a sarcastic answer, beginning with "what's wrong with the basic Spyderco style anyway" and moving onto "have you seen their ethnic knives, like the Shabaria or Persian".

I'll give you time to learn more on your own. A good place for that would have been the Spyderco forum.

3. turbo-henrik

turbo-henrik

May 23, 2010
    this will not end well..
    [​IMG]

4. Boozoo Chavis

Boozoo Chavis

Oct 18, 2003
    At my age (60) Spyderco was a hard sell since I grew up with the traditional style of knives - Case, Schrade, Gerber, and Puma.

I finally broke down and bought my first Spydie back in the early 90's and the rest is history - I now own over 40 Spyderco's and don't regret buying a one of them.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  5. MarineAir

MarineAir

Aug 6, 2010
    I was originally put off by their basic shape. The Manix 2 was my first, followed by the Sage 2 which is a similar shape. Now after realizing the ergonomics of the shape/spyderhole of spydies all the shapes are growing on me. I think I need a military, and something in H1.

6. res1cue

res1cue

Feb 2, 2010
    yep they sure are ugly.. just like glocks.

but they work good and i will keep on buying them, enough said.

as for "different" spydercos, look into the manix 2, and the kukri

also, their fixed blades are rather nice looking.

7. Cosmo7809

Cosmo7809

Dec 4, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  8. frontline29

frontline29

Oct 7, 2008
    Don't Take the bait! :rolleyes:

9. Cosmo7809

Cosmo7809

Dec 4, 2008
    I know I know, but these people get me so worked up!

10. Chinikaylo

Chinikaylo

Oct 28, 2010
    Im sorry guys I just had too :D but anyway im sure my opinion will change when I get one(and I do plan to)

11. StypeCL

StypeCL Banned BANNED

Jan 8, 2005
    I thought Spyderco made only 1 versoin of the Chokwe, no?

12. bh49

bh49

Dec 27, 2005
    To tell the truth I saw knives, which I think ugly made by almost any production company and some custom maker as well. I love Spyderco build and I also finding some of Spyderco knives ugly. But some of them just blow my mind. this is few of my favorite, but not all

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    pictures by WhyNot

if you want to see more variety, please follow the link. Just do not blame me on money you will spend.
    http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20160

13. Scott Neelan

Scott Neelan

May 4, 2010
    Obvious troll is obvious.

14. Thrustus

Thrustus

Jun 16, 2010
    Buck 110 and Spyderco Endura are to lockback knives what Colt 1911 and Glock 17 are to semi-auto pistols.

15. BJE

BJE

Apr 12, 2006
    Something is off, i see it, your thumb hole needs to be about about one millimeter larger:p:D.

I really like Spydercos, but I agree, the basic design gets a little monotonous with so many similar models.

I generally feel the same (although to a lesser extent) about Kershaw, Benchmade, Buck, and Case.

Now Victorinox, they don't look alike at all;).

16. jaymeister99

jaymeister99

Sep 14, 2010
    Definitely.

17. Alann45

Alann45

Jul 4, 2009
    You are a wise person and set a good example for the rest of us. My sarcasm meter went to max and my fingers were twitching, but I have controlled myself.

I'm sure your opinion will change.
    Just avoid the sprint runs....you won't like them and I don't need the competition.

(Okay, I didn't totally control myself. ;))

18. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    Hi Chinikaylo.

The more you learn about knives, the better Spyderco will look. ;)

sal

19. DITCH

DITCH

Apr 9, 2002
    That Persian has more curves than a belly dancer.;)

20. m16a

m16a

May 16, 2008
    Sal,

I never thought I would own a Spydie because of how ugly they were. I now own two, and still think they are ugly, but I love em as EDC and users because they do exactly what they are designed to do, and they do it superbly. Thanks for making a great product. :thumbup:

To the OP, they are ugly, but they get the job done. No ifs ands or buts. The guy who compared them to Glock is right. They might be ugly, but few things will get the job done as reliably. So ease up on em, like I had to do once I owned a few, and keep the admissions of ugliness to yourself. :D