Spyderco Knives

Here's some ugliness for you chinikaylo.

orangeandblue3small.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

i get the joke.

i was never a fan of Spyderco, but i do own a few and i think they make an excellent knife. i keep an Endura in my backpack as a back up pocket knife because its a great knife and light weight. sometimes i wish i could get a spyderco ergonomics, quality, and feather-lightness with a thumb stud. the spyderhole causes the blade to be a bit of a pocket hog IMHO. but, like i said, i like Syderco because they make a great knife, and did love and EDC my Manix 2 for a bit, but it was just a big knife in the closed position.

i was actually surprised how much utility the sypderhole offered. i used it to bend hangers and strip wires. some people like the hole, some people dont. but it works.

some people like the hole, some people dont. but it works.

Hmmm...:D

Seriously, the hole has spoiled me for everything else. Then only knives with a thumb stud I still use at all are my Benchmade 750 Pinnacle (because it's been with me for so long) and my 943 Osborne as part of my office EDC rotation. Every other one of my users is either a Spyderco or a design ripoff with a hole like the BM 806D2.

Spyerco knives aren't typically "pretty", but neither are hammers, the brakes on my truck, seat belts, screwdrivers, etc.

They are high quality knives that work as they are intended.

Keep up the artwork.

i know the spyderhole is a signature of Spyderco, but is it licensed? i know a lot of other companies use a deployment hole. i thought it was licensed, but Spyderco's case wouldnt/couldnt hold up in court, i remember hearing the argument "you cant license a hole in the blade"... but Busse can license a talon hole, why cant spyderco keep the sypderhole exclusive?

I don't understand why people think Spydercos are ugly. The Military/Para are two of the best looking knives that I've seen.

Spyerco knives aren't typically "pretty", but neither are hammers, the brakes on my truck, seat belts, screwdrivers, etc.

They are high quality knives that work as they are intended.

Keep up the artwork.

yup, function over form...with that said, i just ordered an orange military to go with my well used black one. i'm not a folder guy so that says a lot about spyderco.

Out of all my knives, my girlfriend loves my Endura. With no knowledge of this or other similar discussions on the topic, she says she really likes the looks of it. I gave it to her for carry. Sal is right, bias or not. After a lifetime of knife use Spyderco is at the top of my preference.

IMO the hole, and the blade hump that it usually requires, gives Spydercos a very distinct look; however, ergos and cutting performance are worlds apart between models.

Great Pics, everyone. That's some ugly I could do with.

"Beauty is in the hand of the beholder." That could be Spyderco's motto if they did not already have a good one.

Just few to consider...

Phoenix
attachment.php

Volpe
attachment.php

Dragonfly
attachment.php

Gayle Bradley (does look like the "drawing" but still very nice...)
attachment.php

Civilian
attachment.php

If you use one, you will "see" the beauty that they have! They are awesome.

Hi Chinikaylo.

The more you learn about knives, the better Spyderco will look. ;)

sal

Looks aren't everything. I never REALLY liked the look of Spyderco knives, but people on this forum said that I wouldn't regret buying one so I got an Endura - it is such a great knife to use I don't even think about its looks any more.

I think the mall ninjas worry a lot about how things look, but knife users worry more about how a knife is to use. I think some Spyderco knives look pretty goofy (i.e. civilian - no offence intended Sal) but there are many great knives available from Spyderco and few people regret buying one. Buy an Endura or Delica and use it, before you know it you'll be a Spyderco fan!

Spyderco knives grow on you. Two years ago I bought my first one (Endura) and last count I have sixteen.

spyderco just knows how to make knives every spyderco i have ever handled or owned had great ergonomics usually great steel except on the less expensive models and just great overall fit and finish that is why spyderco is my top knife company to buy from they just know how to make knives

I dont get how people think spydercos are ugly...i mean were talking about knives here, not women...

I've always thought Spyderco's looked weird, but that's also part of their appeal. I now have several of them and they somehow seem to find their way into my EDC rotation most of the time. For your first one, you can't go wrong with a Delica or Endura. My only gripe is with the Taiwanese models because the few I handled, just seemed cheap and unpolished to me. Go with the ones made in Seki City or Golden Colorado, Earth!

Back