Spyderco Manix 2 saved my A$$!

Wow that's insane! Good to hear for the most part you are ok, hope the other guy gets a infection though.

If he doesn't get to a hospital himself, he'll probably be dead in a few days. Gut shot with a wide blade means bad news. Also I hope that your knife got severely serialized, it's not just blood that carries contagions.

Make sure you clean the knife. I had a nasty incident where fish blood left on a Mili blade discoloured it. Polished it out, but it sure looked and smelled bad.

On a side note, glad you're fine :)

Thank you, i had my brother clean up the manix2 while i was resting. he said there was a small amount of blood on the spine, and the handle, but nothing on the main edge, medic said since the knife was very very sharp it probably entered and exited with very little blood pooling at initial impact. the medic said he had seen the same incident occur when someone is wounded with a broken bottle or glass. doesn't bleed immediately and then a minute or two later blood begins to pool. thanks for the heads up.

People said members of the Spyderco section would appreciate my experience and said i should post it in the Spyderco section. Thanks for your kind words..

I'm very sorry for your stressful experience. Still, this is a great success story in that you and your wife survived your brush with this asswipe, and he paid a real price for trying to rob you. Good job and I wish you and your wife a speedy and full recovery (and your assailant a long and unpleasant jail term)!

Wow that story blew me away and the crazy irony of you AND your wife seeing the inside of a hospital twice in one night.

Glad to hear both of you walked away with your lives.

Hope that guy learned a valuable lesson.

Sweet Irony!! thank you friend i hope the guy learned a valuable lesson too.

You said in your first post that the police were hot on the heels of the guy. Can you give us a bit more info about the reaction to you stabbing the guy. How did they take it? Did they give you any trouble for doing it? I think you should be in the clear and that everything you did was justified. I'm just wondering how the police reacted. Have you heard anything from the DA?

Maybe the jerk will bleed out internally before the cops get to him.:thumbup:

You said in your first post that the police were hot on the heels of the guy. Can you give us a bit more info about the reaction to you stabbing the guy. How did they take it? Did they give you any trouble for doing it? I think you should be in the clear and that everything you did was justified. I'm just wondering how the police reacted. Have you heard anything from the DA?

Maybe the jerk will bleed out internally before the cops get to him.:thumbup:

i did not get any trouble from the police at all, i went to the headquarters today and they had mentioned the perp had assaulted two victims earlier that night. The Da will be in touch with me Tuesday, they have his wife and sister in law in their sights waiting for the perp to slip up and make contact and they have two of his usual hangouts under surveillance they are keeping an eye out at pharmacies and mentioned someone going into walmart trying to steal gift-cards and first-aid supplies. He has a huge rap sheet and was just released from jail the day before on bond for having a lead pipe in his pants and a crack pipe in his vehicle. they said his time is running out.:cool:

Glad you are on the mend and the manix served it's purpose well!

Glad you ok. Too bad you weren't carrying a police or milli to give him something even better to remember you by.

Glad you are ok. Did you just stab him or did you slice him? A slice would have been much more effective. I tell my gf that these things can happen at anytime. Yet she always questions me on why I have to carry my .45 ACP XD on me. "Oh we are just going to the store, why do you need to bring that?":barf:

Hope you both you and your wife heal up quickly. :thumbup:

congrats tex. i always go armed, after working L.A. 10 years i learned to be ready. hope that guy is leaking in the kidney & slips away for good.

A slice would have been much more effective.

Thats open for debate. What we do know is that Mr. Audi's knife technique was 100% effective in producing the desired result, which was the retreat of Mr. Bonehead. I'd say that after getting cracked in the skull with a tire iron, being able to respond in any manner is quite impressive. Many folks (none here :)) would have given up.

This reiterates that luck and attitude are important attributes in a self-defense scenario.

:thumbup:

Mr. Audi, was the knife on your strong side pocket, and was that the hand you used? I'd like to know more about how and where you stuck Mr. Bonehead. I have to carry on the weak side because I have a pistol in my strong side pocket, which is not optimal for producing the knife, but I won't keep anything in the pocket with the gun (Kahr PM9).

Thats open for debate. What we do know is that Mr. Audi's knife technique was 100% effective in producing the desired result, which was the retreat of Mr. Bonehead. I'd say that after getting cracked in the skull with a tire iron, being able to respond in any manner is quite impressive. Many folks (none here :)) would have given up.

This reiterates that luck and attitude are important attributes in a self-defense scenario.

:thumbup:

Mr. Audi, was the knife on your strong side pocket, and was that the hand you used? I'd like to know more about how and where you stuck Mr. Bonehead. I have to carry on the weak side because I have a pistol in my strong side pocket, which is not optimal for producing the knife, but I won't keep anything in the pocket with the gun (Kahr PM9).

The knife was in my strong hand pocket(front right side) and when he threw the tire iron he was three to four feet away, that plus the added two steps back gave me just enough time to recover my bearings and get ready for thumb hole deployment(very easy on the manix2). i used a hammer grip all i could remember thinking was no matter what don't dare let go of the manix, it really couldn't see out of my left eye due to all the blood however i lifted my left hand up for protection and in response he pretty much lined himself up for the defensive strike while he took a side step to my right his left.

because posting in multiple forums is all the rage:

This one is for you Manix 2!

[youtube]G0dUhYc0sic[/youtube]

I think they are just trying their best to catch the man at the moment... and its ok if they need to confiscate it. i purchased another one as back up just in case i lost the other manix camping or fishing.

I praise you for your actions, you're very lucky to be able to strike back

I also love the Manix series. I almost carry my Manix CTS daily with the Military, which stays on me at all times since there's no 3" blade length restriction in this State

Now let's have our fingers crossed before this guy hurts someone else!

Back