Spyderco Mule Team MT11P - M390

MT11P – Mule Team Fixed Blade featuring M390 Microclean Steel

MT11P will be available for sale on Monday, June 13, 2011 at 1000MDT

All sales will be handled by the Spyderco Factory Outlet. You can order online here.

Cost: $74.95

Domestic Shipping
: Standard Shipping rates apply.

International Shipping:
International shipments will be sent out according to our International Shipping Schedule:
Shopping Cart Total: $0-$99 - Shipping/Handling Charge $25
Shopping Cart Total: $100-$399 - Shipping/Handling Charge $35
Shopping Cart Total: $400 and higher - Shipping/Handling Charge $50

International shipments will be via USPS International Priority Mail. Please be aware, we will have limited tracking capabilities. Tracking once it leaves the US is dependent upon the postal services outside the US and their ability to provide it. However, this will completely eliminate UPS Brokerage Fees.

About:
The Austrian’s Böhler Group merged with Sweden’s Uddeholm Steel Works in 1991, creating the world’s largest tool steel manufacturer, Böhler Uddeholm. Specializing in aviation/aerospace and automotive steels, they also produce tool steels used in the manufacture of consumer goods including electronics and cutlery. Through a powdered metallurgy processes they produce M390 Microclean steel which is highly sought and well suited to today’s high-performance cutlery. M390 is a martensetic chromium steel highly resistant to corrosion.

The powdered granules of Chromium and Vanadium in the steel are small, consistently sized, and finely dispersed in the steel’s matrix (mix) making it exceptionally homogenous. This means for the consumer cutting with M390 will experience a high-level wear and corrosion resistance and the blade steel can be polished to a mirror-like finish.

What is the Mule Team:
For those of you unfamiliar with our Mule Team Project, it is unique to Spyderco. In-house we call knife samples designed and built for testing and evaluation Mules. We know a healthy percentage of knife users are interested in different blade steels and their performance abilities. Running with that, we released an ongoing Mule Team Project. Several times per year we unveil the same single-piece fixed blade patterned knife in a different and exotic blade steel. This lets steel-obsessed knife knuts test, try and use something normally not offered to the industry. Product runs are limited to 600 – 1000 pieces of each steel type depending on foundry requirements.

Mule Blades are leaf-shaped with a sharpened and finished PlainEdge blade but with an unfinished handle providing a do-it-yourself opportunity. The unfinished handle has a series of holes for attaching custom handle scales or for wrapping with para-cord. Each piece is sold without handle scales or a carry sheath focusing the project on the blade steel. This opens endless creative possibilities for the owner to design their own handle scale and carry options.

For more information about the Spyderco Mule Team, check out our Mule Team Page.

Last edited:
Been waiting and am sure it will be worth it. Will be here for sure!

I think this might be my first Mule Team blade. I missed out on the few that I would've bought and I won't pay those astronomical secondary market prices, so I'm excited about this one.

Nice to know.

This will be my 11th Mule. Oh yeah, complete set so far ~;-)

Just ordered mine! This is my first Mule, and I've already got a pair of Digicam G-10 scales from Halpern Titanium waiting for it!

I ordered early for this one. These may go fast.

Bought one and left one for you guys.

Thanks Sal. :thumbup:

Back