Spyderco Mule Team MT11P - M390

Got mine as well

mulem390.jpg

mulem3902.jpg

I'm going to pull the trigger on 2 later this evening :D I just can't resist the M390 goodness!!!

mine are shipped!

now i just need to think what materail and color combo i want to use for my handles... suggestions?

also, anybody put the M390 through the motions yet? how does it hold up?

Got mine on Tuesday! This is my first exposure to the Mule Team knives, and I think M390 is a worthy start! :D
The surface of these knives is a nice clean stonewash, looks very good! The edge on the knife was ok, a little uneven, but sharp! This is no dealbreaker for me as I immediately sharpen my new knives to my liking anyway. Unfortunately I have not been able to test M390's abilities yet, but I'm sure it will perform well!
The only gripe about these knives is that the spyderhole must've been drilled after the stonewashing. The hole has a noticeable burr around its edge on one side of the knife, this can also be seen in 5.56's second photo. But that's really the only think to complain about!
Overall a great little fixed blade in a great steel for a very good price!

anybody know the exact sizes of the 3 different size holes? i've heard that they differ from the first couple of knives. hopefully they are .250" so i can fit my mosaic pins in there.

anybody know the exact sizes of the 3 different size holes? i've heard that they differ from the first couple of knives. hopefully they are .250" so i can fit my mosaic pins in there.

My calipers aren't very exact, so don't take my measurements as your only source of information:
Large holes: 3/8"
Medium hole: 1/4"
Small holes: 5mm (which is about 13/64")

My calipers aren't very exact, so don't take my measurements as your only source of information:
Large holes: 3/8"
Medium hole: 1/4"
Small holes: 5mm (which is about 13/64")

If that's the case, I won't be able to fit my 1/4" mosaic pins in there :-/ I hope you're wrong.

The small holes are 3/16" - the exception is the first mule (in 52100) where the small holes are 5/32". There are a few threads on the Spyderco forums that cover this topic or you can read Marion's summary on his Mule Project Blog

Ok guys,
I have not done any demanding cutting tasks, but sharpened my knife and have been carrying in my pocket.
It sharpens very nicely and I managed to put a crazy sharp edge on it. Also, it's been fairly hot and humid here for a while and I don't see even a hint of rust on the knife, despite having it in my pocket all the time and having my greasy fingerprints all over it. So it looks like this steel has great rust-resistance properties.

Ok guys,
I have not done any demanding cutting tasks, but sharpened my knife and have been carrying in my pocket.
It sharpens very nicely and I managed to put a crazy sharp edge on it. Also, it's been fairly hot and humid here for a while and I don't see even a hint of rust on the knife, despite having it in my pocket all the time and having my greasy fingerprints all over it. So it looks like this steel has great rust-resistance properties.

If you rust M390 you really did something, it's very stain resistant.

If you rust M390 you really did something, it's very stain resistant.

that is one of the reasons i jumped on the M390 when i heard about it. i fell in love with M4, never had a problem with rust, but i didnt want to have to worry at all about it.

supplies for the handles will start arriving tomorrow, but i'll be on vacation for the next week, so the handle will have to wait a bit.

also, i did drill 3 of the the 3/16" holes and made them 1/4" to fit my mosaic pins :D the M390 wore out 2 of the masonry bits, but they are cheap anyways.

Got My Mule in the mail today. Love it! The knife wasnt as sharp as I expected but oh well. Regardless, Im excited to see what m390 can do!!!
I also made my first kydex sheath today and plan on carrying the mule as a neck knife. We will see if this replaces my Izula (assuming so)... If I get some free time ill post some pictures.

I have just removed the quantity restriction on the MT11. We still have a few left, so if you want a couple more, now is the time.
More info can be found here.

Back