Spyderco Navigator project for new clothes

Looking real good STR. This will be a special little knife.

Thanks again for the professional work.

Jay

Just need to make a low rider clip for this one and its done.

Moving along nicely too as its a nice little gem of a folder. Weighs in here at 1.5 ounces. I doubt the ti low rider and screws are going to take it much more than 1.6 so thats going to be interesting.

Otherwise we are about there on this one.

Jay you sure you want a blue jean blue clip? Not sure how that will look on this green canvas. You know I can get an olive color by anodizing too right?

Just a thought.

STR

Attachments

• Navigator in Green Canvas.jpg
    Navigator in Green Canvas.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Navigator in Green Canvas closed.jpg
    Navigator in Green Canvas closed.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 50
It has a nice twang, blue jean green and goes great with camo. BJG has the same depth of hue as BJB but green. The olive color is arty if you are taking a portrait of the knife, but this will be an EDC in an urban area and I dont want to walk into a room with my jeans on a everybody says "Oh hey look at that cool olive clip in bells rfp"

Looking good. Cant wait for the little Navigator to find its way home.

Jay

Ok she is all done Jay. Turned out very nice in the end. 1.6 ounces exactly with the low rider installed.

Now on this clip. Only take it off if you plan to leave it off. I doubt you'll get it back on easily. I inserted threaded stainless inserts on the underside to thread into as well as the micarta but those inserts could fall out, or dislodge if you take the screws out so be advised. Not the perfect set up but the best way I have to secure them with no liner underneath.

Otherwise I doubt this knife will give you any trouble.

STR

Attachments

• Jay's Nav all done clip view.jpg
    Jay's Nav all done clip view.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 70
Hi Steve,

Doing a follow up. Been outa town.

Is that a crack in the blade?

We no longer make the model, but we might have something around. If you need a new blade. Let us know.

You really don't want to use a knife that has a crack in it anywhere.

sal

I concurr with that call Sal. I didn't use it and like you elected not to trust it. I mailed it home along with the rebuilt one I did a new body on. The new one is A#1 all the way. The old? It looked fractured to me yes. I have replied to you privately also.

Thanks my friend. Your offer speaks volumes to me! You really are worth your weight in gold and perhaps more than that around here Sal you know that?

STR

Waiting for the Navigator to come home. This will be a special little folder.

Thanks to STR and Sal for your cooperation, professional response and great customer service.

Jay

Wow, I just looked at this scan I posted of the knife completed and this time on my Laptop. Had no idea it looked so ugly and washed out from the adjustment of the picture I did to see it better on my desktop monitor. I really need to get a new monitor on my desktop computer. This screen here shows what you all see better than that other one that has been on during electrical storms which zapped it.

Jay when you get it you need to get some better pics of it and post them and trust me it looks worlds better in the hand than that flat bed scanner shows. I knew I should have unpacked it before mailing it to take a digital but didn't. I won't let that happen again. :mad:

STR

An awsome little folder, cant put it down, love the micarta, you did a great job Steve and I am really happy. My new EDC for sure.

Thanks again.

Jay

Ok both you guys got your knives. I can rest easy now. Good to know its in your pocket Jay.

Glad you are happy also.
Enjoy that little guy. It was pretty nice even if I do say so myself.
STR

OOOH got a better pic of the Navigator finally so I wanted to post it.

Thanks Jay.

STR

Attachments

• Jay's Nav in GC Micarta.jpg
    Jay's Nav in GC Micarta.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 61
Back