Spyderco PM2 in s110v

Lucky I was fast enough, and got one on the way for a fair price.
I see even BBS has sold out, at that extortionate price.

On the fence since I already have the gray sprint... Might cave in and get the Military and give it CF scales though...

Live on BHQ right now!

Just snagged one :)
Instantly heading to Big Chris for a regrind

Live on BHQ right now!

Just snagged one :)
Instantly heading to Big Chris for a regrind

How many do they have? Are they going to sell out today?

I have to wait til midnight for money to be in my account

Last edited:
I think I may have just snagged one from BHQ.

Last edited:
Aaaaaand BHQ is officially sold out.

LeathermanGX, look into getting in with a local credit union. They usually give you your direct deposit a day early :)

The blade.
Down to something super thin. I currently own 2 of the Manix 2s in S110V, both reground by Big Chris, and they are mindbogglingly good slicers.
I expect this will be the same.
No rolling edge issues?

Zero so far, but I wouldn't say I "hard use" it. Mostly cutting things like paper, plastic bags, cellophane wrapping, etc.
It's pretty much the same exact specs as the one used in Ankerson's cutting test

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/793481-Ranking-of-Steels-in-Categories-based-on-Edge-Retention-cutting-5-8-quot-rope

4th best performer, behind a couple of much more expensive customs. :)
Big Chris had a super thin fixed blade slicer I really wanted recently. If it wasn't 3v it might have been s110v. Just tight right now.

IMG_20150924_150507155_zps2vgamifa.jpg

IMG_20150924_150442143_zpskvt9abhd.jpg

Man, I may just wait until the hype dies down a little. I'm not willing to pay more than the street price.

Man, I may just wait until the hype dies down a little. I'm not willing to pay more than the street price.

i think thats the right move. I think this knife is an absolute game changer. The value provided by Spyderco with this PM2 should serve as statement to the knife industry IMO. That is only if the asking street price is paid. I think waiting to get one at the very very fair asking price from dealers is the only option with this. Especialy as it is a production blade.

Granted, its easy for me to take this stance as i was able to get one from my preferred dealer. But i was willing to wait as long as necessary. Its up to us to set the standard on this item of high desire, since it is full regular production. We will not be gouged.

I'm guessing it will all unfold a lot like the S110V Manix 2.
It will sell out very quickly and then it will be about 4-8 months and then another batch will come around and by that time, the hype will have died down a bit, and the fanatics will already have one, and it will settle into more of a standard production Spyderco role.

That being said, it is a PM2, and for whatever reason, the PM2 just has a huge fan following, probably at least double that of the Manix or any other Spyderco model, so it might still be hard to get 4-8 months from now, who knows...

I'm guessing it will all unfold a lot like the S110V Manix 2.
It will sell out very quickly and then it will be about 4-8 months and then another batch will come around and by that time, the hype will have died down a bit, and the fanatics will already have one, and it will settle into more of a standard production Spyderco role.

That being said, it is a PM2, and for whatever reason, the PM2 just has a huge fan following, probably at least double that of the Manix or any other Spyderco model, so it might still be hard to get 4-8 months from now, who knows...

I still remember the time when even the plain jane PM2 was hard to find in stock...

Back