Spyderco/REKAT Rolling Lock: ATTENTION SAL

biggrin.gif

Micarta? Nothing wrong with black linen, of course. Burgundy is cool. And green canvas, highly polished, looks like some lizard critter gave his all for that handle.

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com

I completely agree with Sal & James that you cant have too many variations ( although if my wife knew how many knives I really buy she would most definatelt not agree
smile.gif
)

On the subject of the lightweight Calyso Jnr, Sal will all your new zytel handled knives have the reversable clips?

I ask, as being a southpaw, this detail is very important to me

Yup! Can't have too many variants! Same goes for all the "improved" Benchmade ideas that we who don't have to make them come up with.

Just as long as nobody expects me or the other dealer to have all of them in stock all the time!

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com

bagman - reversible, as in left/right? yes.
reversible, as in tip up/tip down? no.
sal

Sal - reversable left and right is what the crowd is calling for (well me anyway
smile.gif
)

Thanks for the info and quick reply

I've been thinking about Thad's proposed knife name... "SpyderKat". Nothing personal, Thad, and I still think it is a great name; but now I'm starting to like it less for this particular knife. The more I think about it, the more 'diminutive' it sounds, for lack of a better word. (Every time I see it, I think 'scaredy cat'.) I think it would be a great name for something designed more like the Cricket, or the Q knife. But for a knife as "stocky" as Sal describes it, with as strong a lock as it will have, "SpyderKat" just doesn't seem to fit, to me. I think it's name should reflect a little more "Umph". FWIW, I'm offering the name "Centurion".

Note: This wasn't intended to rile anybody up. I just wanted to state a personal, humble opinion. Great thread, BTW.

Common David, "Centurion", I feel like I'm watching an episode of Battlestar Galactica. I actually like SpyderKat, but if you wan't something more MANLY, then maybe "TIGERKAT".

SAL, SAL, SAL, A NATIVE IN 440V???? MY WIFE MAY GO POSTAL SINCE I CANNOT STOP BUYING KNIVES LIKE THAT!!!

I'll buy two, a his and hers matching set, how romantic, huh??

His and hers? I recall an article in Knives 8X - the annual, several years ago, that said that in the old days in Norway, a couple getting married would exchange, not rings, but finely decorated woodcraft knives.

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com

Okay, now I am riled up. You are messin with my chance to get a free SpyderKat.
smile.gif

(My wife liked "Spyderclaw"...you know...cat...claw...get it?)

Consequently I still like the name SpyderKat. I didn't mean to start a naming contest, the name just came to me like one of those wierd subconscious things, so I thought I would share it. I am not keeping my hopes of of them using it, but I would be happy if they did!

thaddeus

Thaddeus, I like the name. Hey I got it a small version with sub 3 inch blade and a large 3.5 inch plus blade version. The small one called, you guessed it, SPYDERKAT and the larger one called, you guessed it, TIGERKAT.

Back