SPYDERCO SALT THREAD...fishing, ocean, stories, pics and all things "salt"

Surfingringo Surfingringo

From another thread:
I went to the link in your post, copied the image link that ends in .jpg from imgur, and used the little picture button on bladeforums at the top of the dialogue reply box to paste it in, all on my phone.

In the app I hold my finger on the picture and sharing options come up including copy image link. I use that (it has to end in .jpg) along with the bladeforums dialogue box for images. That is how I do it on my phone.

Reactions: 353
Surfingringo Surfingringo

From another thread:

In the app I hold my finger on the picture and sharing options come up including copy image link. I use that (it has to end in .jpg) along with the bladeforums dialogue box for images. That is how I do it on my phone.

Good to know. I had tried copying the image link like that and posting but it didn’t work. I didn’t realize you had to put the IMG bookends in there. Thanks.

Q2c5nt2h.jpg

Got this in late yesterday. Had a good chance to check it out this morning. It is every bit as good as expected. Noticeably lighter than my trusty old Pac Salt 1 SE. Used as a pairing knife this morning and it worked great. Came pretty sharp but after a few swipes on a ceramic rod it is ridiculously sharp, as I've come to expect with LC200N. One thing I did notice is the Ti clip is much thinner than on my Pac Salt 1, I'm guessing this is true across the line with the switch to the Endura/delica 4 platform. I bend all my clips on knives like these to increase retention, I had to bend this one a lot more to get the tight retention I like. I'll be dyeing the green to a darker color as this is a bit too bright for my taste and I don't require high-vis. More pics to come later.

ss89GMfh.jpg

Ultimate light weight, rust proof, large knife carry. That is sweat on the blade from being IWB after this morning's bike ride and weight routine. Besides the above qualities, plain-edge with good edge retention is something I've been waiting on for a long time. Siren was so close but a bit heavy and bulky with the G10 (though that makes it a better knife in some ways).

Love it!
VrjkkAOh.jpg

Some comparison pics:
OGXcaajh.jpg

Jncs9Uqh.jpg

And my little salt family:
ivFF9Lxh.jpg

Well, just ordered my 3rd native salt. First one lost rolling a kayak, second one I lost last weekend when I cut the frayed end off a tie down and left it on the roof of my truck. hopefully I’ll get more time out of this one. Had to try about a dozen vendors to find one in stock.

Back