Spyderco Yojimbo 2 Review (PHOTOHEAVY)

I would get a s90 in a second do you all think they will do it ?

S90V carbon Fiber Exclusive Yojimbo 2 is coming to knifeworks soon, so the second has come

Thos thread makes me want a Yojimbo 2 really badly.

Thanks a lot, OP.

:D

Then why not, great edc

I am about to order one also. I've been mulling it over ever since my first post in this review, just re-read the review and am ordering now! Thanks for the review, easily the best I've ever seen on a knife.

Great knife for SC. SC does not have a size limit but many countries use inches, usually 3 inch limit like for greenville or charleston. So this knife fits there perfectly for an SC EDC. glad to have influenced you man, hope you enjoy it

what a great review.
i particularly salute the extraordinary courage shown
in singularly handling that knife for the photo shoot.

Gonna bump this one...

Very nice review, beautiful knife.
Not very sheeple friendly I guess, around here people look at me like I'm gonna kill someone if I pull out a Delica :(

Because this review is too good I have to ask you for help subsidizing the purchase of my Yojimbo2 :)

Thanks man. I grabbed an S90v Carbon Fiber one a few months ago and now I have it as my daily EDC. Still love this knife. The S90v one didn't have ghost jimping and was balanced so its a perfect 10/10 in all ways. Even knocking out some 900+ plus folders and my famous black m390 pm2. It is a remarkable knife

I’ve been looking at the carbon fiber version as well. You have convinced me... I will get one or the other as soon as I can afford it.

Great review. I looked at this knife but passed on it because I didn't like the aesthetics. Your review made me consider the function of the knife; the blade shape and compression lock make this knife extremely useful. It is nice to see a company put function over form. Now it is on my want list . . .

Thanks man. I grabbed an S90v Carbon Fiber one a few months ago and now I have it as my daily EDC. Still love this knife. The S90v one didn't have ghost jimping and was balanced so its a perfect 10/10 in all ways. Even knocking out some 900+ plus folders and my famous black m390 pm2. It is a remarkable knife

I bought this in S30V about a year ago and never really carried it.
This thread has put the knife in my pocket, as of a few days ago.

I'm curious, has the 'thin' tip given you any concern as far as it being vulnerable to breaking?
I assume not since it wasn't mentioned but am curious if you take extra care because of it.

I bought this in S30V about a year ago and never really carried it.
This thread has put the knife in my pocket, as of a few days ago.

I'm curious, has the 'thin' tip given you any concern as far as it being vulnerable to breaking?
I assume not since it wasn't mentioned but am curious if you take extra care because of it.

The tip does get thin but the spine is strong. I don't use the tip for prying (but I have popped a few oysters open with pushing it in and getting the spine to crank them open) I haven't had an issue with my Yo2 in regards to a thin tip. I will say that it DOES have a thin tip and a thick neck and spine but I view the thin tip as useful. Great at poking and piercing through stuff. I have yet to run into a problem yet with the s90v cf yo2. The standard yo2 never gave me a problem either.

Reviving this thread to give an update. Been carrying my Yohimbo 2 for almost 4 years as my primary EDC. The tip is no longer needle sharp but it still works for most everything I need it for. The edge holds up well but I’ve never been able to get it shaving sharp again but maybe that’s because I’m still not the best at sharpening. That said, is it by far the easiest knife to sharpen that I’ve ever owned and has sold me completely on the Wharncliffe style blade for EDC use. I would buy it again if I were ever to lose it. I hope Spyderco never stops making this knife!

Been carrying mine for a year as an EDC and put it through lots of abuse. Last job I did was install 2" thick, dense floor mats at a gym where I had to make hundreds of cuts for 2 days. The blade profile did a great job slicing but I also managed to break off part of the tip (3 foot drop onto concrete) which I corrected on the Tormek. Only complaint with the knife is that the flat handle wasn’t comfortable for this type of continuous hard cutting without gloves. Obviously, not the knife’s fault as it wasn’t designed for such tasks.

The S30V blade steel performed well. I also brought my 600 grit DMT Stone along to keep the edge going every 15 minutes. When sharp, this blade profile does a mean job effortlessly slicing deep into the mats which is a testament for its self defense design.

The blade is very easy to sharpen and razor sharp results are easily obtained on my DMT, sharpmaker and or Tormek. I also use it daily to pop open beer bottles and slice off cigar caps.

I love this knife a lot and the only way I would give it up would be for a lefty version.

Last edited:
Back