SpydieChef thread

bqWcQkd.jpg

man, believe the hype on these.
They didn't even blip my radar when they were released, "meh another Ti framelock"
The buzz just got too loud to ignore, rightfully so.
Picked one up in a trade last week and I'm impressed.

bqWcQkd.jpg

man, believe the hype on these.
They didn't even blip my radar when they were released, "meh another Ti framelock"
The buzz just got too loud to ignore, rightfully so.
Picked one up in a trade last week and I'm impressed.

Same here, I'm currently searching for one on the secondary market. I had never owned an LC200n Spyderco until the Native Salt was released and I'm really impressed by the steel. I've been holding off on the Chef but the urge has gotten too strong to resist.

Same here, I'm currently searching for one on the secondary market. I had never owned an LC200n Spyderco until the Native Salt was released and I'm really impressed by the steel. I've been holding off on the Chef but the urge has gotten too strong to resist.
I can't really speak about the steel just yet. I haven't used it enough, or sharpened it. Feels great in hand, and slim in the pocket though. Simple but attractive, looks wise. Nothing that hasn't been said multiple times in this thread already, for a reason.
Only issue is, I'm now more interested in the Slysz bowie then I've ever been. The price of admission on that one these days is no joke.

IlOnly issue is, I'm now more interested in the Slysz bowie then I've ever been.

Hahaha me too. When they were still available, I checked out the Bowie on a few occasions at brick & mortars. It didn’t do it for me at the time.

Now that I’ve experienced the Spydiechef, it would be interesting to revisit the Bowie to see if my opinion is changed.

Hahaha me too. When they were still available, I checked out the Bowie on a few occasions at brick & mortars. It didn’t do it for me at the time.

Now that I’ve experienced the Spydiechef, it would be interesting to revisit the Bowie to see if my opinion is changed.
i feel like if i got one in hand, my other hand would be reaching for my wallet. I think ill just admire the bowie from afar.
Keep my funds for when/if that swayback is released. Or imagine a Slysz bowie 2.

I bit the bullet last night and ordered one. It's been a while since I have bought a Spyderco, it's been hard for me to stop using the original Gayle Bradley. Here's hoping this will be the one boot the GB out of my pocket.

Dang, I think I need this knife.
Sadly, my two ,,go to“ online shops in Europe dont have any in stock....let´s just wait a bit more.

Nice! Do you notice any functional difference between the two?
Not much, except smoother action and slightly different sharpening angle. Cuts even better than original due to that. Just compare the cutting edges.

I considered getting a Chef back when they first came out, but never did. Finally got one and it'll be here later this week. Been looking for a polished clip or one of the RGT clips, but can't find any available. Are the upgraded Spydiechef clips no longer a thing (RGT Ti)?

Last edited:
Back