SpydieChef thread

Snapped some pics before leaving for work:
a4dc669b519d4027514b8ba1edd4fb0c.jpg

80b65dfbc3d74bb9ff7bd7f644f45dfa.jpg

2b8ecc4bd6a6ab3d978dae0fad18c794.jpg

ceef37734aa1b60aeb9908209092d0a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got two and a carbon fiber scale for one of them. If they release sprint runs, I would get them.

Miso

How is the slicing capability? I've been looking for a great slicer EDC lately.

It is a good slicer.
The blade stock is 0.11" thick, and the blade is flat ground to 0.015" behind the edge.

Miso

Yea I think it's next up on my list of blades to get. I have a few ZT pre orders still waiting in. Maybe I'll sell some stuff and grab one.

I'm getting tired of pulling out my typical EDCs that don't cut nearly as well as my Vic Alox knives. I'm thinking that ditching my Hinderer and CRKs for a Spydiechef may be a great move.

@VermontEdge, or anyone that has BOTH the Bowie and Spydiechef,

After having owned the Bowie and the Chef for a while, do you have a preference for one over the other, or does it just depend on what cutting tasks you'll be doing to pick one over the other?

I have a Bowie, and have been kicking around the idea of getting a Chef, but am wondering if I actually *need* a Chef if I have the Bowie? In other words, will the Spydiechef do anything that the Bowie won't do, or do it better than the Bowie does?

@VermontEdge, or anyone that has BOTH the Bowie and Spydiechef,

After having owned the Bowie and the Chef for a while, do you have a preference for one over the other, or does it just depend on what cutting tasks you'll be doing to pick one over the other?

I have a Bowie, and have been kicking around the idea of getting a Chef, but am wondering if I actually *need* a Chef if I have the Bowie? In other words, will the Spydiechef do anything that the Bowie won't do, or do it better than the Bowie does?

Also to add to this can anyone confirm which is better for ease of pocket access. By looks alone I would assume the Chef.

VermontEdge VermontEdge , or anyone that has BOTH the Bowie and Spydiechef,

I've owned both and sold the Spydiechef in favor of the Slysz Bowie. The Bowie has slightly better fit and finish, certainly better ergos with the contoured handles, and a slightly (for me) more satisfying action. If you need absolute corrosion resistance or your primary task for a carried folder is food prep using a cutting board, then the Spydiechef will serve you better. For virtually any other task, I prefer the Bowie.
Also to add to this can anyone confirm which is better for ease of pocket access. By looks alone I would assume the Chef.
The length and cant of the clip on the Spydiechef do allow it to slide out of the pocket more easily than the Bowie. That being said, I haven't had a situation where I couldn't easily access the Bowie, it just grips the fabric a bit more.

The CF scale is from Shepard CC. The coloring was done by myself via heat coloring.

Miso

Back