"Squatchers"

What I don't understand is that there has NEVER BEEN A CONFIRMED BIGFOOT ATTACK ON ANY HUMAN... EVER(that neither I or the BFRO am aware of). There are folks who chase after lions, tigers, bears... oh my...... yet nobody has stuck around long enough to get some decent footage of the thing. A well trained, big game hunting dog is afraid of NOTHING. I'm at the point now where I say hunt ONE down and bring it in, dead or alive... then you have a REAL species to document and protect. It seems that any group who has had a chance to get close to these things, wants to keep them protected and hidden rather than become famous for finding one. That is WAY to unlike the human race I know. It is much more convenient (and unfalsifiable) to keep them just out of reach.

I am not saying this is so of all the encounters I heard. Most come from honest folks who saw something they felt was real... I have no problem with them. It is the organizations/crews that go out looking for bigfoot and claim multiple sightings that need to step up their game or admit they really have nothing.

In the video above , watch it closely. What appears to be an arm is caused by leaves in the foreground blocking part of the silhouette.Those boys ran in terror from a Tom turkey LOL.

In the video above , watch it closely. What appears to be an arm is caused by leaves in the foreground blocking part of the silhouette.Those boys ran in terror from a Tom turkey LOL.

One can only imagine the tale that turkey told his friends... "...There I was and..."

What I don't understand is that there has NEVER BEEN A CONFIRMED BIGFOOT ATTACK ON ANY HUMAN... EVER(that neither I or the BFRO am aware of). There are folks who chase after lions, tigers, bears... oh my...... yet nobody has stuck around long enough to get some decent footage of the thing. A well trained, big game hunting dog is afraid of NOTHING. I'm at the point now where I say hunt ONE down and bring it in, dead or alive... then you have a REAL species to document and protect. It seems that any group who has had a chance to get close to these things, wants to keep them protected and hidden rather than become famous for finding one. That is WAY to unlike the human race I know. It is much more convenient (and unfalsifiable) to keep them just out of reach.

I am not saying this is so of all the encounters I heard. Most come from honest folks who saw something they felt was real... I have no problem with them. It is the organizations/crews that go out looking for bigfoot and claim multiple sightings that need to step up their game or admit they really have nothing.

shouldn't be to hard to get just one, it seems you can call them by standing in the woods and yelling real loud,(according to the current TV shows).

i say not just one, get an entire family group, multiple specimens, from every region of the country.

that is what would happen if they actually existed.

as for the organizations/crews coming clean and admitting they have nothing, that would be like kicking the cash cow out of the barn, or cutting down the skittle tree.

people see what they want to see, same people that believe in bigfoot are gonna believe in ghosts too.

I think it's funny how passionate these threads become. People seem to get really worked up.

I say not just one, get an entire family group, multiple specimens, from every region of the country.
Don't forget all the other continents and countries that claim to have populations, too. I don't think that there are many societies that DON'T have folklore of hairy people running around the woods. We are not unique, that way.... other than the fact that we have a lot more money and media venues to roll with it.

Sasquatch hits home because it rarely steps into the realm of the supernatural(except for those "special" few). Hightened senses, stealth, inteligence and "fear of humans" are something that is common in the natural world. We continue to discover new species... and it is not a big leap for the average person to put a giant primate in the "yet to be discovered" category.

As with many ancient and modern myths, the science just isn't there and faith seems to always retreat back to unfalsifiable evidence and personal accounts.

I think it's funny how passionate these threads become. People seem to get really worked up.
You probably would feel that way if you had your own "encounter". The people who have, ARE passionate about what they saw/heard/felt so I only think it is respectful to seriously discuss the subject.

I do think that people who believe an "event" to be an "encounter" are often passionate about it, but others that process the same type of "event" without considering it an "encounter" tend to take a more subdued "approach". Or that's what I "think" about the "approach" to the "event" leading to the potential "encounter" or "non-encounter". What?

You probably would feel that way if you had your own "encounter". The people who have, ARE passionate about what they saw/heard/felt so I only think it is respectful to seriously discuss the subject.

The mind can play tricks on us. It is common for us to lose perspective and amplify a small event. We have a natural tendency to try to understand what we sense, so even when we find small insufficient bits of information, our mind tries to catalog it as a familiar thing. If we allow ourselves to consider a bigfoot as something within the realm of the possible, then any unfamiliar smell, sound or shadow may be interprited as a bigfoot encounter. It seems real, but did it really happen? Most of us have probably at times experienced a door knock or telephone ringing only to pick up the receiver or open a door and there is no one there. It most likely happens when we are tired, distracted or waking up, our mind isn't fully focused and we get a false signal. This is why science requires us to produce evidence that can be tested and reproduced by others. Too often we see what we would like to see or expect to see, rather then what is actually there.

Here is a good read on the subject:
http://www.amazon.com/Demon-Haunted...2425106&sr=1-1&keywords=a+demon+haunted+world

n2s

The mind can play tricks on us. It is common for us to lose perspective and amplify a small event. We have a natural tendency to try to understand what we sense, so even when we find small insufficient bits of information, our mind tries to catalog it as a familiar thing. If we allow ourselves to consider a bigfoot as something within the realm of the possible, then any unfamiliar smell, sound or shadow may be interprited as a bigfoot encounter. It seems real, but did it really happen? Most of us have probably at times experienced a door knock or telephone ringing only to pick up the receiver or open a door and there is no one there. It most likely happens when we are tired, distracted or waking up, our mind isn't fully focused and we get a false signal. This is why science requires us to produce evidence that can be tested and reproduced by others. Too often we see what we would like to see or expect to see, rather then what is actually there.

http://www.amazon.com/Demon-Haunted...2425106&sr=1-1&keywords=a+demon+haunted+world

n2s
Good post, N2S. Our senses are easily fooled. Magicians/illusionists make a living by that fact(as do other, less scrupulous individuals and cults). It's a scary thought that our judicial system places so much value on eye-witness accounts, when science almost completely disregards them in the search for truth.

I personally know the original founder of the Texas Bigfoot research conservatory, Luke Grosse. He told me of his encounter and why he started the TBRC and while I have never seen or heard anything that would lead me to believe Bigfoot exist i do believe he saw something he could not explain. I accompanied him and some of his friends on some trips and while the trip as fun there was nothing to show for it. I do believe Luke saw something but until more physical can be brought forth I can't believe.

I then met Dr Jeff Meldrome at a TBRC convention and saw first hand his cast of the Onion mountain track among others. The onion mountain track was interesting as it had clearly defined features that resemble dermal ridges which I am told can't be faked without a great amount of specific knowledge. Interesting but still not enough to bridge the gap for me with all of the deer cameras, observation stations, Flir scans, Satellite coverage and tenical gadgetry that most everyone has on them today and yet we still don't have anything definitive.

So while I respect the beliefs of those that have had "encounters" I ask myself why can't they respect my belief that Bigfoot does not exist?

The Bigfoot thing is a lot like Obama's birth certificate. Until someone produces the real thing we're left to wonder.

The Bigfoot thing is a lot like Obama's birth certificate. Until someone produces the real thing we're left to wonder.
I know that this is a joke but you do realize that this is no longer a valid controversy, right?

n2s

I agree. On Penn and Teller's BS they did the UFO myth. They had a brain guy on who did a study where they had people think of UFO's and other conspiracy theories while in an MRI. He saw that just by thinking of these things there was a release of a pleasure chemical. Dopamine I think but can't remember exactly. Essentially, people like to think about these things because it literally gets them high. There's a local public access channel here which airs a guy who talks about these theories in amongst a group of believers. You can actually see it on his face. His eyes get to be manic and there's an ear to ear grin on his face when he's talking. The doctor also noticed that it happened to all types of people. Even well known politicians and scientists can succumb to it like an addict. So the idea that "I've known this guy all my life and believe him" really isn't a good argument for truth.

We like to hear things that agree with what we already "know", it really gets us off. Confirmation bias is at the root of much harmful misthinking.

Back