"Squatchers"

It's not absolute, it's just that there's no viable evidence. This myth is lasting longer than the herpes...or so I hear. Wait...no Santa? When did that happen?

Xmas-Roger-Patterson-Bigfoot-vs-Santa-Footage.jpg

G'day OP

.....This could be an interesting topic:D

I agree.

Especially when you consider the number of Nth Americans who reckon Les Stroud is the "real deal" & "Bear is full of it". LOl

For the Sceptics.... what happens when the "Starving Man", AKA the "real deal" Les Stroud admits to an UGO.....(for the unitiated, a UGO stands for an Unidentified Grunting Organism......

[video=youtube;7y5aO5XdgT0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y5aO5XdgT0[/video]

:eek:

No doubt the "True believers" will use Les's apparent credentials to claim victory....

....and no doubt the "Unbelievers" will claim it is nothing more than an Owl with a stammer. lmfao

BTW, after 4 decades of wondering about in the Aussie Bush, I have my own opinion about the existence or otherwise of our own version that we call the "Yowie".

I really hope the entertainment provided by the contrary opinions continues. thumbsup

Kind regards
Mick :thumbup:

I try to stay neutral regarding the bigfoot issue. I am surprised by the sarcasm and animosity with most people who don't believe in a"hairy man" creature . I see non-believers more vocal and verbally aggressive voicing their opinions. There have been reports for centuries, there has to be something to these stories.

I will say this, unless you travel in remote areas, not in children's camp grounds, you will never have an opportunity to find out for yourself..

What I find fascinating, is that there are reports/legends/encounters of big hairy ape-like creatures on just about every continent and culture(some go back thousands of years) and and to this date, not one conclusive piece of evidence.

I try to stay neutral regarding the bigfoot issue. I am surprised by the sarcasm and animosity with most people who don't believe in a"hairy man" creature . I see non-believers more vocal and verbally aggressive voicing their opinions. There have been reports for centuries, there has to be something to these stories.

I will say this, unless you travel in remote areas, not in children's camp grounds, you will never have an opportunity to find out for yourself..

kinda goes against the first part of your post. (the bold and underlined part)

again, no body/carcass only grainy pictures and video and faith that these things exist. people also believe in vampires and werewolves, for centuries, that doesn't mean they exist does it?

A stance of skepticism always seems to be the aggressor. That only makes sense because we are basically not accepting the claim and have no emotional investment. We tend to make light of it, where someone who believes they had an encounter would be very serious. I apologize for any true offense I may have given toward people's personal experience. I will however, continue attack unreasonable arguments or assertions because I believe intellectual honesty is the pathway to truth.

Last edited:
Seems to me like the most reasonable stance is one that withholds belief until it can be supported by knowledge. The most unreasonable stance is one that belief is fully justified without knowledge...and those that take comfort in this stance, regarding this topic, will likely receive sarcastic jabs. Sometimes believing less is knowing more.

There are no two sides to this issue, there is only the question of whether the creature is real or a fantasy and its existence is entirely encumbent on those who argue for such a construct to provide incontrovertible evidence in support of their claim. Until that happens the creature is and will remain fantasy along with dragons, mermaids, minotaurs and other boogiemen of the mind. This isn't a question of belief, it is a question of science; a million people who believe they have seen something carries no more weight than a young child's invisible playmate. For the creature to exit there must be proof and until there is proof it does not exist.

n2s

Last edited:
Like I said, I am neutral and not biased one way or the other. Some articles say they have evidence. I don't know .
The point about getting out and seeing for yourself is directed towards people who never go into a wilderness and sit at home and talk like they been there and know all about it.

There are quite a few good "stories" on the internet. That goes for knives, guns, or whatever the forum is about.

It seems to me that a creature fast enough to dodge Kentucky coal trucks, logging trucks everywhere, and still not be captured or killed is likely smart enough to figure out how to use a razor, shave and get a job in the NFL.

I had no idea that this was still in debate. We get them up North all the time.
They taste like chicken.

It seems to me that a creature fast enough to dodge Kentucky coal trucks, logging trucks everywhere, and still not be captured or killed is likely smart enough to figure out how to use a razor, shave and get a job in the NFL.

I don't think it's that far fetched to think a primate is smart and wily enough to stay out of the road. How often do chimps get hit by cars?

I don't think it's that far fetched to think a primate is smart and wily enough to stay out of the road. How often do chimps get hit by cars?

http://www.generalaviationnews.com/...mergency-flight-for-endangered-howler-monkey/

http://www.earthtouch.tv/classic-wildlife/district-monkey/baby-monkey-hit-by-car/

theres 2, I'll admit, I didn't try to hard to find them either.

I also believe it is massively far fetched that a large population of 7 foot tall primates would be able to dodge vehicles for as long as we've had them (vehicles) running around.

I'll bet it happens a LOT more in places like Africa, where there actually is a population of large wild primates, verses the total lack of large wild primates we have here.

Back