1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

SR101 vs. INFI

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by vinny72xx, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Troy H

Troy H I'm always like this. Moderator

Jan 28, 2005
    That picture is awesome! :thumbup:

2. mymindisamob

mymindisamob

Feb 1, 2005
    I don't remember who said it first, but...........................SQUOINK!

I believe in the best of both worlds. I find I can't be a blade snob, when I'm busy using and learning. :D

3. leatherman

leatherman leathermoderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 30, 2001
    OMG!!!! A Hybrid!!!!!! Something very disturbing in that pic..........

Just gotta look in the mirror! O M G !!!!!:eek: :confused:

I see a RatChat avatar in that one!

4. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2005
    Go right ahead:D [​IMG] :thumbup:

5. cdyer

cdyer

Jan 18, 2005
    Was that the inspiration for the InfiCoot?

6. Rat Finkenstein

May 18, 2005
    My theory is, whoever was cutting the coot blanks was all hopped up on bourbon and several pink elephants told him to load up some INFI. :thumbup:

We can only hope it happens again, preferably when they are cutting out my War Hawk.:cool:

7. djolney

djolney

Oct 5, 2004
    INFI Ratweiler! The best of everything.

8. Troy H

Jan 28, 2005
    I've actually thought that a couple of times.

The HOGS may have the uber steel...but the Swamp has the better designs. A hybrid would be amazing! :eek:

:cool:

9. idahoskunk

idahoskunk Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2002
    now that's debatable

[​IMG]

10. djolney

djolney

Oct 5, 2004
    For me, Busse and Swamp Rat come out just about even for blade design, but Swamp Rat is way ahead when it comes to handle design.

The design/ergonomic concept that runs through the micarta handles on the Ratweiler, Desert Jack, Dog Skinner, and SAR, adds up to the most comfortable handle design I’ve ever owned and used.

The EU-17 handles are my favorite Busse handles, and they appear to come from the same Ergo heritage as the Swamp Rat handles.

If I ever get a Busse custom made it will have something very much like the Ratweiler handle.

11. Troy H

Jan 28, 2005
    Don't get me wrong...the Hogs have a couple really useful designs. Okay...kinda useful. ;)

12. Rat Finkenstein

May 18, 2005
    [​IMG]
    Better send me your Busses. . . :yawn:

13. Troy H

Jan 28, 2005
    It's really bad when a Rat turns against me. :(

;)

14. Rat Finkenstein

May 18, 2005
    [​IMG]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

15. leatherman

Nov 30, 2001
    [​IMG]

See I told ya Mom! Clowns ARE scary!!!!

16. paul'ie

paul'ie

Jun 6, 2012
    Say Heah Boys and Girls, and I have both, but I did take my Ratweiler out for a spin this weekend, but I'm still amazed how a knife this size can do fine work with great ease for its size. Sure I can make a smaller netting needle with it, But I can make a functional spoon with it and that's important to me. I'll have more on the input about the two different steels and with similar knives. I am waiting for my Steel Heart Ergo so that to me will be a equal test. I think a equal knife to me makes more sense since I will be using it in a similar to fashion where my smaller INFI Steel on my Mean Street versing a Rodent 7 might give me a false reading. But is you can afford a Busse Combat for a first knife. I don't think you would go wrong, but matter of factly neither would you go wrong with a Swampie.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

17. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Paul'ie.... FFS.... this is an 11 year old thread... the forum has rules about necro threads... just take the extra 10 seconds to start your own new thread on any bloody subject you want, you don't need to add 2 cents to threads over A DECADE old as that horse has bolted or been beaten to death.

Your posts and experiences are not worthless but posting walls of text to threads that have run their course mean most people just ignore what you add.

Please... just think for a moment before you hit "Reply" .

18. leatherman

Nov 30, 2001
    Honestly, at this point in such a slow forum the past few years, any content is a good thing. :)

19. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    +1

I get that bumping necro threads is frowned upon, but I've gotten some good reads from the stuff Paul'ie has brought up recently.

Besides, it's not like what happens in General when someone bumps a 5yr old "what knife should I buy?" thread and 20 people reply before someone points out that the op has probably moved on by now, lol.

20. Snakebreaker

Snakebreaker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2013
    The thing is though, this becoming a pattern with paul'ie. And another thing........and don't get me wrong paul'ie, you have valuable and enjoyable information to share, which I like, but PLEASE USE PARAGRAPHS!

Much easier to read this way. ;-)