SRM, Bee, Enlan, Navy and knives Fan post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.
I'm very sorry. In order to compensate for your loss, we will bear the responsibility. To shipping to you. Use the DHL, please receive packages, cancel the dispute. If you receive a parcel before, please refuse to sign for it. Do you agree? Please reply me as soon as possible. Sorry again.
-
This is the message from the seller I tried to buy from on Ali, what you guys think I should do? I can't get a clear meaning out of it. This is after I filed a dispute for a refund due to the seller's policy of a refund if it wasn't received in 27 days.
What I kinda think they're saying is they'll let me get an item for possibly free with DHL(Apparently not total crap shipping), and if I get the item not shipped with DHL, I'll refuse to sign for it. Does "Refuse to sign for it" mean literally not signing it and having it shipped back?
I'm kinda confused, all the sellers are native Chinese and do not know perfect English.

What happened? Is the package lost or is it just slow?

In any case, I'd recommend you take the refund. If the knife shows up, pay then.

What happened? Is the package lost or is it just slow?

In any case, I'd recommend you take the refund. If the knife shows up, pay then.
Yeah it is being slow, apparently not even having left China slow, and the seller had a 27 day refund policy, and if I had not raised
the dispute before the deadline, the order would have been treated as if I had pressed the Order Recieved button, which obviously didn't happen.
I didn't dispute because I didn't want to wait, if I hadn't the seller would have received the money and I probably would not have gotten anything but -40 bucks.

-
This is the message from the seller I tried to buy from on Ali, what you guys think I should do? I can't get a clear meaning out of it. This is after I filed a dispute for a refund due to the seller's policy of a refund if it wasn't received in 27 days.
What I kinda think they're saying is they'll let me get an item for possibly free with DHL(Apparently not total crap shipping), and if I get the item not shipped with DHL, I'll refuse to sign for it. Does "Refuse to sign for it" mean literally not signing it and having it shipped back?
I'm kinda confused, all the sellers are native Chinese and do not know perfect English.

Chris "Anagarika";12014410 said:
I think they will try resending via DHL, and if the original item comes, to reject so it gets shipped back.

I interpreted the same. :)

Maybe you should describe the situation in a few very basic sentences to the seller with yes/no questions.

Update guys, they decided to send me another one via DHL which came in only a week, so I cancelled the dispute after that, so happy ending there.
It came today actually, I got the KO non flipper framelock and a "S.F" Python, which is also awesome.
-
On the KO knife, the fit and finish is good, no gaps between scales, blade is dead perfect centered, but it was just unflickablely stiff, so I took it apart and oiled it.
After two separate blisters on the same thumb and hours of flicking, it became very smooth and despite all the flicking is still solid unless I flex with a great deal of pressure all the way on the tip. The G10 isn't all that aggressive, and according to a fridge magnet it is Titanium frame. It is comfortable for my fairly small hands and the one thing I thought I wouldn't like, the pen style clip, I was mixed on trying it in the pocket, I guess it'd look less like a knife, but it still carries fairly high, and after losing a Delica clipped to my pants, I'm still nervous, but the clip seems to have good retention and is Titanium as well.
The KO knife came printer paper push cutting sharp, but as with seems to be the case with almost every single knife I've ever had, the tip was completely and utterly dull while the rest was extremely sharp(Seriously is it my luck or all all production knives coming with a dull tip?).
Sharpened it up to match the rest of the blade, it all shaves hair pretty easy now.
-
The Python was also very good in fit and finish, flush scales and liners, centered blade, however it came unbelievably stiff, on a whole other level than the KO knife even. It is a fairly thick knife and has a Hinderer style clip that is also Titanium, that do to the deeply cut G10 somehow goes in and out of the pocket easily but holds very well.

Took it apart as well, tested if it was Titanium with a fridge magnet, and it is, and after oil and even more hours of flicking and the blisters having melded into one massive blister, it too became very smooth.
The Python was pretty much perfectly sharp, even on the tip, but in a strange twist the very bottom where the edge begins was completely and utterly dull.
Again, DMT Coarse stone saves the day as I sharpened it up as well.
I then did sort of an edge retention test kind of thing, but cutting some cardboard, both having a DMT Coarse stropped edge.
The KO knife competed favorably with my Kershaw CPM-D2 Leek, actually having a more razor edge after about the same amount of cardboard.
The Python was still respectably sharp, but the fine edge was gone completely and could no longer push cut printer paper, only slice it.

- Here is a picture guys, I have currently misplaced the KO knife(Bad habit of mine), but I'm sure it'll turn up eventually, they usually do.
Left to right:
Ganzo G710
Kershaw Skyline
S.F Python
CRKT Aluminum Shenanigan
Enlan EL-01
I will most more later, but I wanted to get a picture up as fast as possible so I did a comparison picture.

Well, it says so on the blade so it must be true...
I haven't used the knife much, but it seems a reasonable quality steel. After 15 meters cardboard box it lost the tissue paper slicing sharpness, but push cutting cash receipts was no problem.

I just got one of those KO knives, too.

It's definitely actual titanium, but I haven't used it yet, so I can't make any judgements as to the quality of the steel. The G10 side has a nested steel liner and the pocket clip is steel. The handles seem to be made quite well, but do have a couple of sharp edges here and there. It opens quite smoothely, has a centred blade and all that jazz, and has only a little blade play. It's an extremely nice knife for the price I paid for it (A whopping $0.00...a very generous ebay seller threw one in for free to sweeten the deal when I bought another item from him. :eek:) but it doesn't suit my overly well, so I think I'll be selling it off at some point.

Here are some pics...apologies for the low quality:

IMGP2040_zps716314b3.jpg

IMGP2039_zps016e1b06.jpg

Guess I was wrong about the clip on the KO knife, I guess a fridge magnet isn't a good test?
Still can't find where I put my KO knife, I really liked it, a little more than the Python even.:(
Oh well, it isn't my knife until I lose it for three weeks and find it when I'm not looking for it. :D
I really think you guys should get one of these Python knives, mine is really good in quality, the fit and finish is much better than my Spyderco Centofante 3, and looks like a custom compared to my Shenanigan in fit and finish.
I wonder if this SF brand makes any other knives, they seems to really know how to make them well.

Guess I was wrong about the clip on the KO knife, I guess a fridge magnet isn't a good test?
Still can't find where I put my KO knife, I really liked it, a little more than the Python even.:(
Oh well, it isn't my knife until I lose it for three weeks and find it when I'm not looking for it. :D
I really think you guys should get one of these Python knives, mine is really good in quality, the fit and finish is much better than my Spyderco Centofante 3, and looks like a custom compared to my Shenanigan in fit and finish.
I wonder if this SF brand makes any other knives, they seems to really know how to make them well.

No, no, a fridge magnet is a great test. My fridge magnet stuck to the clip and non-locking liner; that's how I could tell they were not titanium. :thumbup:

Beautiful looking new Ganzo knife out, does this look like a copy of an American knife, because it doesn't look familiar to me:

ganzoknifeg714514aad688.jpg

That's like a discontinued Sanrenmu knife, one I think was discontinued because the Chinese government didn't want them producing folders with blades that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back