Stag Saturday - Let's See Some Traditional Stag!

You like mine and I like yours! Aren’t Stag Saturday’s a great thing :p

- thank you..!

It is a strange thing.........I was never particularly bothered by Stag as a handle material for a long time, thinking it was rather dull and somewhat vin ordinaire. Having grown up with Stag as a common handle material, guess I was always happier and seeking newer materials, especially with a penchant for exotic woods.

However, as my collecting and focus for knives has changed and evolved, particularly the last three or so years, my fondness for good Stag has grown too, particularly so when there is some popcorn showing.

Bought these pieces 7 years ago from Vince @VCM3 and still haven't done anything with them - they're a particular diameter so will need to go on the right knife, but they should look good I hope...

IMG_0869.jpg

.....bon weekend all :thumbsup:

- thank you..!

It is a strange thing.........I was never particularly bothered by Stag as a handle material for a long time, thinking it was rather dull and somewhat vin ordinaire. Having grown up with Stag as a common handle material, guess I was always happier and seeking newer materials, especially with a penchant for exotic woods.

However, as my collecting and focus for knives has changed and evolved, particularly the last three or so years, my fondness for good Stag has grown too, particularly so when there is some popcorn showing.

Bought these pieces 7 years ago from Vince @VCM3 and still haven't done anything with them - they're a particular diameter so will need to go on the right knife, but they should look good I hope...

IMG_0869.jpg

.....bon weekend all :thumbsup:

Those are some nice slabs, Paul! Hope you find something special to wear them.

With all the great knives you own, it's a major accomplishment to make you dribble, Paul! :D Thanks!

There is much to that Dozier, and besides the lovely design and the Stag, what also speaks so well are the grinds.....simply wonderful, great skill.

Here in UK we don't have that many makers who go to high hollow, so being able to perfect the double sided and taper - quite similar to a classic Loveless - is a real treat :cool:

Paul Long sheath..?

Paul Long sheath..?
The knife came with a Dozier Kydex sheath, which wasn't my idea of a sheath for this particular piece. I took a chance and bought a sheath from KSF (this is some years ago). It worked out well. Paul Long would have been my go to, had it not worked out.

Back