Stan Shaw Gets His First Penknife

Lovely story Jack, it behooves us all to appreciate the master craftsman still with us.

Jack, it's always such a wonderful adventure to read your narratives. The explanation of the tapered springs was fascinating!
Congratulations on your first Stan Shaw knife, and may you soon have a lamb to join your new sheep.;)

Thank you once again friends :) :thumbup:

Jack, I just had some time now to read your story. Simply wonderful my friend. Memories to last a lifetime. You're a lucky man to be able to sit and chat with someone like Stan. Those conversations could go on forever. That's a real beauty of a stag sheepsfoot Stan made. I'm sure hat one will hold a very special place in your collection.
Thank you for the pics and sharing this with us. :cool::thumbup::D

Thanks for sharing, I needed that this morning! That is a fine knife from a great person:thumbup:

Thank you very much gents :) :thumbup:

Jack, I only just had time to read this through thoroughly now.....Mate.....what a awesome, awesome write-up, its so neat reading of your friendship with Stan.

Jack I LOVE your Knife!!!! O man you lucky, lucky guy- and your totally deserve that awesome knife!!

Have you met Wellington ( Mick ) at all ?- as he is friends with Stan as well Jack.

Wonderful read to go along with a lazy Breakfast after a massive couple of weeks- Thank you for that Jack!

Hey Duncan, thanks pal, I wish you could have been there having lunch with us :) I was supposed to meet up with Mick a year or so back, he seems to have gone very quiet, I keep meaning to drop him a line. Hope you're having a great weekend mate :thumbup:

Great heart warming story Jack. Stan is a real PRINCE of a cutler last of a rare breed. Excellent story Mr. Black.

So glad I finally got around to reading this one. What a fantastic story... Just one of many incredible afternoons spent with this talented guy I'm sure. These are the friendships that make us feel like we've lived a full life. The knife is a true beauty too. Thanks for sharing :)

Jack, I had come across your thread and wanted to read it at leisure knowing the story would be worth the wait...it was so worth it!!!

What a wonderful story, gift and friendship. Thanks for posting this:thumbup:

Last edited:
Hey Duncan, thanks pal, I wish you could have been there having lunch with us :) I was supposed to meet up with Mick a year or so back, he seems to have gone very quiet, I keep meaning to drop him a line. Hope you're having a great weekend mate :thumbup:

A great weekend indeed my friend - thank you Jack!

Jack, I had coma across your thread and wanted to read it at leisure knowing the story would be worth the wait...it was so worth it!!!

What a wonderful story, gift and friendship. Thanks for posting this:thumbup:

My God Paul, I am glad that you came out of your Coma - Smoke sent your way!

A great weekend indeed my friend - thank you Jack!

My God Paul, I am glad that you came out of your Coma - Smoke sent your way!

Truly laughed out loud Duncan, you'll receive full blame if I woke anyone up in the house:eek::D I so dislike spellcheck!!!

LOL! :D Thanks for the very kind words fellers, very much appreciated :) :thumbup:

Jack, I always enjoy reading about (and seeing photos of) your visits with Stan. Seems like you have a great friendship there. Thank you, as always, for sharing!

Great write up of a great friendship! Thanks Jack--as always I felt as though I were right there alongside you both. :thumbup:

I remember this! Was wonderful read then and again now!

I'm sorry Jack for the loss of your friend. And also the loss of a true old world Cutler. I'm sure he'll be greatly missed.

Back