Stan Wilson Advisor III - a making of thread

I have to say that before this I thought that the high prices I saw on folders were crazy, I had no idea so much work could go into a pocket knife. It's awe inspiring to see the whole process, thanks very much for sharing it. I don't know if after seeing all that if I could bring myself to use a knife like this very much for fear I'd mess something up!

On the mammoth, do you all suppose that the circles were the actual enamal of the teeth and the rest of that is the fossilization/minerals that over eons forms around all of it? I can't think how else that wild pattern showed up. Incredible that such a unique set of scales could be matched up so well with that finish process of yours. Man this is real art.

Red

Epic thread. I've never been a fan of mammoth tooth (too showy for me), but this knife is simply amazing.

Gotta bring this back up for a yearly look...

BTW here's my Advisor...not a visible screw on it

wilson_advisorivory(10).jpg

wilson_advisorivory(4).jpg

And an Advisor balisong....just incredible

wilson_mastodonbali(6).jpg

wilson_mastodonbali(10).jpg

-Michael

Last edited:
This is truly a beautiful knife with all of the requirements for that having been brought together including first of course the design, metal (Damascus), pick of mammoth tooth scales, and the very fine craftsmanship. Wionderful work and wonderful that the maker shows all in the making !!! Frank

Excellent work of master.I learned that how worldclass masterpiece is created.Very superwork.Thanks for posting WIP.

ill have to book mark this one

awesome stuff in here.

Thank you for bumping this.

Holy hell I'm a hack. "Oh I'll just gold plate these hidden screws no one will ever see because reasons." Man that is attention to detail.

Bump def appreciated. Wow. I don't even feel like a knife maker after going end to end on this one.

Back