Standoffs....Yuck

those look nice, I may have to order a few & try heat treating them. (I've had good luck heat treating ti with an acetylene torch)

~John

Well I think it's heat coloring. There's a way to get the temperature right to turn them green, blue, or whatever. I would screw that up badly and end up having to order more.

Another thing, I ordered them for a Commander. The width on the original spacers was compatible with the width on these. So you might want to measure the width on your knife and make sure it's .191 or .190. Otherwise you'll have to get a standoff that is the right width.

I'm really not sure if all the knives are the same width. You'd measure inside liner lock to the other inside liner lock with a caliper. Or take a standoff out and measure it that way. You may already know all this but I did want to tell you just in case. I don't want you to order them and then not be able to use them.

So you might want to measure the width on your knife and make sure it's .191 or .190. Otherwise you'll have to get a standoff that is the right width.

yeah, I won't order them without throwing my digital calipers on them first.

Both my commanders (a super and a UBR) have backspacers, but my CQC-7V and my Desert Roadhouse have standoffs.

~John

I have to amend my previous position regarding Emerson knives with standoffs.

While I still prefer the backspacer on my CQC-7B, I just got a mini A-100 and the standoffs look great on it. If they start using standoffs on the full sized A-100, I'll go out of my way to find one.

I was really excited when EKI started throwing standoffs into the production mix.
As is today, I own models with both (backspacer and standoffs) and I dig them both :D
Guess I don't really have a preference…

Back