Photos Stanley Axes, Hatchets, Tools - Show & Tell

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by Miller '72, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Old Axeman

Old Axeman Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 10, 2015
    I just read the posts on the Stanley no.66. If you have one and need blades, Lie-Nielsen makes a no.66 bronze beading tool. They sell the blades seperate and they fit the old Stanley no. 66.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    garry3, Yankee Josh, quinton and 4 others like this.
  2. Meek1

Meek1 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 11, 2019
    Copy that, I will check it out. Thank you!

Yankee Josh and Miller '72 like this.
  3. I'mSoSharp

I'mSoSharp

Mar 8, 2011
    Found another one a bit larger, problem is it looks like it's been head down in water a while!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I see your red ringed screwdriver & raise you two yellows.....;)

[​IMG]

I really like the handles on these, the ferrules are really cool. :thumbsup:

Yankee Josh, Meek1 and Miller '72 like this.
  4. garry3

garry3

Sep 11, 2012
    Yard sale find. Ya, I dumped it in vinegar, the ugly is temporary. Not sure if it will end up being more then a curiosity to me or not. I got lucky with the rust pitted blades and had pit free steel to sharpen.
    [​IMG]

5. Square_peg

Square_peg Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 1, 2012
    It's hard to keep those adjusted well. And I found the round blade just wasn't that useful. Maybe if I was making chairs. Maybe it will work for bows.

junkenstien, Miller '72 and garry3 like this.
  6. garry3

garry3

Sep 11, 2012
    I could see that adjustment might be a little sketchy and tools that are designed to do two things usually are not that good at accomplishing one. I will find out. ;)

7. Astrogator

Astrogator

Mar 19, 2012
    Hello All,

I have not posted for a while.

Does this Stanley Drill No.748A made in England qualify to be posted in this thread ?.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers.

8. Yankee Josh

Yankee Josh Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2018
    I haven't posted in this thread in a long time either. But hell yeah it belongs here! Nice man! Don't see one's with two grips all that often. Looks to be in very good shape! Congrats!

Meek1 and Astrogator like this.
  9. Square_peg

Square_peg Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Cool breast drill!

Astrogator likes this.
  10. wanganui axe

wanganui axe

Jun 29, 2017
    https://imgur.com/PXR8zdR https://imgur.com/AEaMDYC
    Picked this up today at the Salvation Army store.Could anyone tell me the approx age.Saw has made in USA stamp on it,not sure if the white sticker is a model or part no or if there is any thing missing off it

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020 at 6:04 AM