Stay safe everyone!

I got a Slack from work yesterday (that's the message/communications app) we use. Due to the CoV pandemic we're all being told to work from home until further notice. So are no cases here in Montana but obviously it's just a matter of time. Wherever you are in the country, try to be safe! Wash your hands and avoid crowds if you can.

Good luck to everyone!

My granddaughters in Illinois have 3 weeks off school, my granddaughter in Indiana has 4.
I’m fully expecting this thing to put me out of business, nobody will be spending money on knives, they are spending it on toilet paper!

My granddaughters in Illinois have 3 weeks off school, my granddaughter in Indiana has 4.
I’m fully expecting this thing to put me out of business, nobody will be spending money on knives, they are spending it on toilet paper!

I've seriously considered getting into the paper products and sanitizer/chemical business, the latter of which I'm already pretty knowledgeable about. Just gonna start making moonshine and mixing it with aloe gel and bingo bango, hand sanitizer.

Seriously though, I'm moderately concerned about the economic fallout this craziness will cause more than the illness. As a probably hyper-rational person, mass hysteria and irrational, unpredictable behavior is discomforting and stupid people get stupider, and there are a lot of stupid people near where I live.

I think in 6-months, some of us are gonna look really foolish, whether that's me for thinking people buying up every dry good they can find are over-preparing or those people because I'm fairly certain most of them aren't paying cash for those goods, since most of America lives on credit and debt and it's going to come full-circle eventually when that bill comes.

John, do we need to design a JK butt scratcher/scraper for all of those people who didn't get TP? A Greek style strigil perhaps?
https://www.harvardartmuseums.org/art/304007

YTfR44H.jpg

Jeff

I never knew toilet paper is produced on demand. Apparently the industry recognized long ago that its bulk is a problem for inventory. Who knew?

All bars and restaurants are now closed for at least two weeks. If the owners are smart they will refuse to deliver to the fat ass kings mansion.

Last edited:
I did some quick math this morning for China's outbreak since they're nearing the end of their situation and I haven't seen this impact stat yet.

0.012% of the population had confirmed cases of the virus. While the overall number is large, it's pretty likely that many of us won't know anyone that catches the virus because of the short-ish duration of its stay, which looks like about 3 months of high activity using China as an example again. I'm going to start sharing it at work because there are a few people freaking out under my leadership and I'm trying to get some people back to be more reasonable. Not saying it's insignificant, but I am saying that we don't need to lose our minds completely.

Edit: Because someone made a comment about China's data be a bit rough since they didn't know what was going on for a while, thus not testing, and China can be a bit sketchy with details anyway:

Italy is at 0.041% currently, and they are by far the hardest-hit county of the western nations.

Last edited:
The Governor of Illinois closed any and all State Fish & Game areas.
Feel free to leave comments.

The Governor of Illinois closed any and all State Fish & Game areas.
Feel free to leave comments.

Was there a reason given? Hunting and fishing are not often group activities relevant to the assembly restrictions in place.

^ that was my thought. I wonder if they're trying to get people to stay at home instead of just practice the isolation thing outside. Seems crazy to me and I worry that excessive isolation will be hard on some people mentally and emotionally, especially the more social among us. I'm not social, but I get pretty cranky if I'm stuck inside too much.

If Michigan follows suit, I may be in trouble. However, I suspect the ability to enforce such a thing is near impossible.

Since Hanna has a low immune system Becky is not allowing her or Hayley to leave the house. When Hayley told her boss she cannot work her one day a week job, her boss told her not to come back. Becky got on the phone to explain the situation, boss didn’t care. Since Becky inherited my “way with words” I almost feel sorry for the boss!

Back