Steel Hearts are Bloody Awesome

Never liked the ASH-1, and Ergo handles don't fit me well, but some other Steel Hearts are a great all-round blade. Such as:

Clip point Ganza SHSH, was my grail for a time...

Easton Show special solid bolt variant, 0.27" thick, went back to Garth for a BB treatment, including the scales...

I had picked up an old original release FSH, that had a truly horrible thick edge profile. Off it went to Ban for a much improved edge grind and a clip point mod...

Before the show special variants started trickling out of Wauseon, the 400 real original HHFSH were highly coveted by the cognoscenti. I did eventually score one, stripped it, and was about to send it in for some work before scoring the Easton blade. Still have it, but no pics.

Others have passed through here:

Blade 2007 show special...

a fat Ganza variant...

another Ganza model...

a nice satin one from KC 2008...

The BBSHSH2.......they are perfect in every way
9ac6a8d0-66ea-4a45-aaaf-14bf1af12303.jpg

NMFSH LE & CG w/liners
87b5ed58-93d8-4618-8362-d24a074965ea.jpg

HOGFSH, FSH, HHFSH, HOGFSH LE, NMFSH LE
P1010985.jpg

matching ASH1 (fat & skinny)
P1011091.jpg

Last is a CS variant SHE..........she's a Heart Stopper!!!!
P1010942.jpg

Yes J that was. It might even have been one of yours. I have a pic of it b/4 it went in somewhere.

Last edited:
I have a steel heart E and it's a beast.I posted a thread about "drunken steel heart e beating" a few weeks ago.
I'll be honest...I'm drunk now....one night I decided to test the 'ole steel heart by trying to cut a concrete block in half.
Well...that concrete block is long gone now and I still have that steel heart.

Because of said drunkeness.....I am trying to get wife to post pictures.

Last is a CS variant SHE..........she's a Heart Stopper!!!!
P1010942.jpg

:eek: Now that is a stunner! What is the weight on that one?

I have had my fair share of FSH's but ended up passing them on due to the weight being more than I wanted to carry. However, there is always an "exception" to the rule. :D

For a while this was my "grail" FSH ...

The edge on this was thick when I got it ... but screaming sharp when I sold it. Miss this one a fair bit because it ticked all the boxes for me except carrying it.

You could say this is my grail. It was tanker grey until I stripped it and glass bead blasted it.

photo17.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice collection Russ! I like that one on the right, is that double edged?

Hey Gus, YES on the far right Dbl Edge:D!!! This one starts at the ricasso with a.218" and then has a wicked distal taper to the tip. It will slice either way.

Great photos and collections everybody! Here are my Steel Hearts so far. Awesome design Jerry!:thumbup:

[/URL

Here's a comparison to give you an idea of how stout these fatty NMFSHs are. I wanted to compare the G10 NMFSH to a G10 NMFBM since it is heavier than micarta. I took the photo with the mic at the talon hole because it is the same thickness as the spine and was easier with a camera in hand. Thanks goes to Brendan for the NMFSH fatty! I know the lighting is bad on the scale for the NMFBM. It was 2 lb. 1/8 oz.

Last edited:
kenrunchen , that all blacked out steel heart with serrations is the %$#@. good pics everyone, love the dirty ones.

luke-

Rega, Bro those are some awesome pics!!!:thumbup: I've got to get me a decent small scall... Interesting to see the weight difference of the NMFBM .270ish and the Fatty NMFSH.

Rega, Bro those are some awesome pics!!!:thumbup: I've got to get me a decent small scall... Interesting to see the weight difference of the NMFBM .270ish and the Fatty NMFSH.

Thanks brother, yeah it's not super accurate but I usually just use it to weigh out hamburger patties and knives. I was surprised by the difference. I'm envious of you living in Alaska right now, it's hotter than 2 mice f#%*in in a wool sock here in Texas.

IMG_2279.jpg

Because she deserves a better representation than last HOGFSH .32 satin , hand shaped snakeskin micarta. i know no regrets but.....:( i kinda miss her.its this threads fault (wipes tear from face)

luke-

Thanks brother, yeah it's not super accurate but I usually just use it to weigh out hamburger patties and knives. I was surprised by the difference. I'm envious of you living in Alaska right now, it's hotter than 2 mice f#%*in in a wool sock here in Texas.

LOL Bro, I don't know if you knew but I am originally from Austin. I sure remember those no wind 100+ days with a humidity of 95%. Take a break and come on up!!!

I have the FATTY NMFSH but mine is Black Crinkle/Blood Grips (Red/Blk) G-10. That thing makes me think of a splitting wedge with a handle. Thanks to Roenman I got that one after Blade and I am really amazed at the weight and balance of such a compact hunk of iron. I mean I've had MOABs and the NMFSH is just a great knife regarding size comparison.

Back