• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Steingass Dropped Hunter **SOLD**

TK Steingass

Knifemaker - Buckeye
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Gentlemen:

For your consideration is this dropped hunter in stabilized Bastogne Walnut/1095. The walnut has 100% broken fiddleback figure - I had it stabilized by K&G. The tang extends 2/3 of the way into the handle and is set in marine grade epoxy and a stainless pin. The fullered spacer is Desert Ironwood burl - there is also a matching plug inlay in the butt of the handle because it's cool. The stainless spacer is coined. The blade was double edge quenched, hand rubbed to 1200 grit and etched to reveal an interesting hamon. The spine is rounded and has checkered thumb serrations. The sheath holds the knife securely by incorporating a cam that pops when the knife is inserted/withdrawn. This is a very light hunter. I hope you like it! The first "I'll take it," PM, or email gets it. $290 delivered CONUS. PayPal preferred to tsteingass@yahoo.com. Thanks for viewing and your comments are appreciated.

V/R,

TK

.140" 1095 stock
HT to Rc 65-66
8 1/2" OAL
4" Flat ground blade
Vivid hamon
Thumb checkering on rounded spine
Stabilized Bastogne Walnut
Fullered Desert Ironwood spacer
Coined stainless spacer
Stainless guard
RH vertical sheath

Bastogne-Hunter.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet...really, really sweet...

It's a small thing, but I really like the coined spacers you are putting in some of your knives...

Cheers/bg

Very nice looking knife, the fullered spacer and the coined spacer really look good, and very nice hamon also.

Appreciate the kind feedback fellas! :)

Back