• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Steingass Hunter/Caper Set

TK Steingass

Knifemaker - Buckeye
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Gentlemen:

For your consideration is this Hunter/Caper set in W-2/Exhibition Grade Desert Ironwood Burl. The Desert Ironwood Burl for both knives came from the same block and match each other perfectly. The edge quenched blades were hand rubbed to 2500 grit and lightly etched to reveal vivid hamon lines. The handles were hand rubbed to 2500 grit and waxed to enhance the color contrast of the marble cake. The spines are rounded with thumb serrations. The solder joints are perfectly executed with no pinholes. Both of these knives are sized for dual carry, however each is sized to make a perfect every day carry - I can build a horizontal carry sheath for either knife for an additional $50/sheath. I hope you like it! The first "I'll take it," PM, or email gets it. $775 delivered CONUS. PayPal preferred to tsteingass@yahoo.com. Thanks for viewing and all comments are welcome.

V/R,

TK

.187” W-2 stock
Edge Quenched
Vivid Hamon
Hunter BL - 3”
Caper BL - 3 1/4”
Hunter OAL - 7 1/4”
Caper OAL 7 3/4”
Hollow ground blades
Rounded spine/ricasso
Thumb serrations on spine
Exhibition Grade Desert Ironwood Burl
Tapered tang/red liners
Stainless furniture
Pinned/soldered guard
Dual carry sheath

Pair.jpg

Last edited:
Outstanding TK,looks like if you picked one up you wouldn't want to put it down!
Beautiful Ironwood Too!!

Excellent set of knives with perfectly match scales.

Thanks fellas - appreciate the kind words :)

That's a beautiful set of hunting knives Tim. You always put some of the nicest handles on your knives too, be it stag or wood.

Back