Stephane THOMACHOT

Thought I should add this here, as it just came in the mail from France, a (completely unexpected) gift from Âchillepattada Âchillepattada !

o9v6LvP.jpg

He may have to speak more to the details of this knife, I just know it’s a Langres made by Stephane, and that it’s a beaut!

aBcnvDp.jpg

Here’s the pile side:

18jPNBE.jpg

It has some nice file work on the spring, and even a bit of hidden file work down in the blade well (on the top of the spring, where it curves up at the butt end of the knife).

xJUqrWf.jpg

YMce42T.jpg

It’s a handsome, well-made knife, and I’m looking forward to giving it some pocket time. Thanks again, Â! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I had glanced through this thread once or twice before, but went back through it just now and thought I’d comment on a few things posted here previously.

Nice work By Stéphane, yet again!! I particularly like his use of "Burl" Wood, and his "Less is More" file work!!:thumbsup:
View attachment 1286789

Charlie, I complete agree with you on the file work! I like the minimal approach! The one pictured there is particularly interesting, with its sort of ultra-minimal floral pattern. Kind of has a Japanese look to it. :thumbsup:

(My new Thomachot is actually the first knife I’ve owned with file work off any kind!)

Rebirth of an old Pradel :

49564780147_6dd079c619_c.jpg

49564057163_ce25eb097b_c.jpg

49564054258_1220544345_c.jpg

Old style , no stop pin .

Â

Beautiful wood on that one, and very cool file work on the liners! :cool:

Here's one by Thomachot, graciously gifted me by Âchillepattada Âchillepattada :
IyljqqA.jpg

J4b2Nmb.jpg

rj36vWy.jpg

l8IqkaB.jpg

Very beautiful. Thanks, Â!

I haven’t had a chance to put mine to work yet, but this blade design (slight belly, edge that sits down below the level of the handle a bit) seems like it would be great for working with food. Probably good knife to have nearby when it’s lunch time. :D

aBcnvDp.jpg

A small Yssingeaux :

Really cool file work on that one, too! :thumbsup:

Say, that knife looks familiar! :D

Last edited:
I had glanced through this thread once or twice before, but went back through it just now and thought I’d comment on a few things posted here previously.

Charlie, I complete agree with you on the file work! I like the minimal approach! The one pictured there is particularly interesting, with its sort of ultra-minimal floral pattern. Kind of has a Japanese look to it. :thumbsup:

(My new Thomachot is actually the first knife I’ve owned with file work off any kind!)

Beautiful wood on that one, and very cool file work on the liners! :cool:

I haven’t had a chance to put mine to work yet, but this blade design (slight belly, edge that sits down below the level of the handle a bit) seems like it would be great for working with food. Probably good knife to have nearby when it’s lunch time. :D

aBcnvDp.jpg

Really cool file work on that one, too! :thumbsup:

Say, that knife looks familiar! :D

Your knife will make a great PB and J sandwich, Barrett!!:D

It is indeed an excellent knife in the kitchen. Like a mini chef's knife. :)

Nice ones, Â !! More restorations by Stephane??o_O
Very prolific, with a good eye!! I'm sure they are improved, from their previous incarnations!!:rolleyes:
If I remember, there was a pretty good supply of older knives in Paris!!

Nice ones, Â !! More restorations by Stephane??o_O
Very prolific, with a good eye!! I'm sure they are improved, from their previous incarnations!!:rolleyes:
If I remember, there was a pretty good supply of older knives in Paris!!
Brought today by the postman, this amazing Pradel 9cm, with amazing filework on the spacers, thanks to Âchillepattada Âchillepattada 's generosity. Sleek and sharp. Merci encore :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Tomachot_Pradel-1.jpg
Tomachot_Pradel-2.jpg

Back