• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Steve Corkum does not deliver on paid orders

Keith, you do have a valid point. I grew tired of wasting my own time as well as others who read my thread about Mr. Corkum. I have tried almost every option, except knocking on his door, but I doubt that I will ever get around to that as I live several thousand miles from him. Whenever you wash a car using a sponge, you find out that you can only squeeze just so much water out, never really getting it dry enough.

has any one been bye his home recently if so does he still live there planing fishing trip to p.a. soon might have too drop by and check on 3 almost 4 year old order

Bladeart should use the rest of their corkum and have them engraved as
Deadbeat awards. Send Steve one! Lousy f0kr!

Edited to remove maker as I spoke out of turn.

So I hear. I had thought he was decent and ashamed I bought a CRKT First Strike without knowing. At least it wasn't custom cash.

I met Steve at the New York custom knife show in 2001. Seemed at the time to be a nice guy. Had some really nice stuff.
Thanks for keeping this going.

I noticed that CRKT does NOT use his name in their ad for the first strike. Pretty cool.

garyz said:
I noticed that CRKT does NOT use his name in their ad for the first strike. Pretty cool.

Maybe he is just getting some of what he deserves. Hopefully his name will become dirt and he won't be able to sell a knife anywhere.

garyz said:

i noticed that myself, good for them................

I doubt it. It's all up in smoke by now. Pun or not, u decide.

I don't understand why these people act like that. I only know what has been written in this thread (so not from my experience) but if a knifemaker who had a top reputation didn't want to make knives anymore, why not stop taking orders. The value of what is already out there would go up for sure. Instead, by ruining your reputation, your gear becomes pretty much worthless. Some of SC's gear is awesome looking but obviously nobody wants it now. I am in Australia, and after reading these forums we seem to have a problem with a maker here (I am sure you know the one). Such a pity also because when I first saw his gear I was thrilled to see such quality from a fellow Aussie...I even sent him an email of congratulations with a promise to buy a few bits and pieces in the near future. Oh well...

My question to all of you is this: Have any of you who sent him money through the US mail contacted the USPS? Committing mail fraud is a felony, and each incidence is a felony. Multiple counts add up to big penalties in a hurry.

Stay Sharp,

RJ Martin

I did some searching on Google, and I came up with a snippet of a header, from a Adams County 2005 Tax Claim Sale, and listed in the header is "CORKUM, STEVEN A & SUSAN J, $ 1300.00 ..."

I couldn't find any address, and the Tax Claim Sale in no longer listed on the web. I can't be sure, but I think this means he may have lost his home for not paying his property taxes! Since I'm also a Steve victim (to the tune of a wakazashi & two Persians), I gather I won't be alone if feeling very little in the way of sympathy for this...guy.

I'll call and try to find out if this is our own little Steve.:cool:

Would it help if I posted his address, to contact him regarding payment/products? I will use open source information only.

He's had ample opportunity to respond. Please post his address and any other contact information you can find.

Back